Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WARNING!!! Screws holding jack pad to frame are ALL loose - jack pad may fall off car

boaterva

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
Saw the other one, interesting. You would think they would use loctite or whatever to be sure these wouldn’t come off. Did you get a new bolt from Tesla? Would think that would be the best source.

ctn531

Jul 10, 2018
Superior, CO
Yup - mentioned it to Tesla and they happily gave me 2 bolts (1 extra). I removed all the bolts and reinstalled with loctite - shouldn't have a problem from now on.

The technician mentioned he'd never seen these screws backing out before which was a bit surprising. I figured it happened to me so might happen to somebody else. Definitely worth taking a few minutes to check.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC