Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning! Service history messages just vanished....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
3 weeks ago, my service history messages in the app were available back go my first appointment in April of 2022. Today, they only go back to September. 3 service visits including the invoices vanished.

Note, I had all my messages screen shotted and the invoices were already saved off so I've lost nothing. This is just a warning to those that if you're expecting to have access to the service history forever, don't count on it...especially if Tesla has made some agreement or promise in the messages.

Invoices appear to still be available through the privacy data download request, so if you've lost access to the invoices in the app, you can at least still get them through your privacy data download.

Although there is a ton of data in the privacy data download, it includes no service messages.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerbyDave
Thanks, @beatle. Most of my service history was fixed remotely and only chat was used. It has the chat for each service incident, but it is not a pdf. Basically I have screens of Service Incident titles and dates on on page, and then I can click on each incident and multipage texts appear. I can't figure out how to get this all in a coherent manner.

• Informative
Reactions: beatle
Thanks, @beatle. Most of my service history was fixed remotely and only chat was used. It has the chat for each service incident, but it is not a pdf. Basically I have screens of Service Incident titles and dates on on page, and then I can click on each incident and multipage texts appear. I can't figure out how to get this all in a coherent manner.

If you new the endpoint name, you could download the service messages with your refresh token. I might do a quick check of the adb logs on my android to see if the text comes over in the clear or if it prints the endpoint use when retrieving the service messages.

I was doing this stuff prior to cell phones. I looked up some of the adb commands. I really don't want to learn this unless there is a utility app that can do it for novices, but thanks anyway. I am just scared Tesla will program the data out of my account. I don't trust them. :)

I noticed this too, and wonder if it's something that they will re-organize and there will be previous years of service in a folder

I can't believe they would have LOST all our old service records. For a long time we didn't have access to them this way, and then suddenly we did, so perhaps the older records will return soon enough. 🤞

I feel like if they ever disappear, it is just dumb Tesla prgramming. Tesla should be able to give the information to you if you ask. Problem is, will they answer? Surely they won't mess up and delete the data from their records -- but it is Tesla we are dealing with.

I’m seeing all of my previous service visits in my service history, starting in July 2019. Whatever the issue is, it’s not impacting everyone so it’s probably not intentional.

I switched phones recently. I wonder if the service history is cached locally and only available from the service back to a certain point. Any chance you could log into the app on a new device and see if you still have your entire service history?

I switched phones recently. I wonder if the service history is cached locally and only available from the service back to a certain point. Any chance you could log into the app on a new device and see if you still have your entire service history?
I don’t have any mobile devices that don’t already have the Tesla app installed, but the devices I have are all newer than the oldest service appointment, so I doubt it’s a caching issue. The Tesla app must be pulling the service history from the server, so your problem is likely a server issue. I seem to recall another report of a similar issue, so maybe a forum search would turn up a solution.

Yes, trying to get a copy of the text messages in the Service History is just grabbing consecutive screen shots. Not very convenient. I have a copy of all of my history back to 2020 now, but it was a real hassle, like pulling teeth. Please Tesla, put the service history in a coherent and easily extracted format like all other car manufacturers, and also make it available on our computers, not just our phones.

Reactions: JoeS
Same here. Ten most recent.
Being unable to access service history is awful. At my last visit, evidently two invoices were issued, and I could only see one, for part of the total, and even that disappeared once I had looked at it. So I have a $2,400 cr crd charge with no explanation!!! Totally unacceptable. Can we get feedback to someone in Tesla who designs this part of the app?

Also, there is no easy way to communicate with the [service advisor] if there are any questions re the service. One SA was nice enough to give me his [company] phone number, but this is evidently not the way Tesla wants to work. Appalling!