Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WARNING Tesla service condones hertz rip off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i had service last month and required a loaner car. Given a hertz loaner at tysons service center. Had an easy pass in the car and told I could access it without any warning of fees. I had the car for two days and used it once for a ONE dollar toll. Billed 15.85 dollars for the toll and "administrator fees". I fully expected to pay the toll. I did not expect additional markup of 14.85 for the use. Tesla obviously has no problem with this by using hertz cars. They can certainly at a minimum warn you. I am great full the service was only two days since a single toll use generates the administrative fee for everyday the car is rented. BEWARE

i had service last month and required a loaner car. Given a hertz loaner at tysons service center. Had an easy pass in the car and told I could access it without any warning of fees. I had the car for two days and used it once for a ONE dollar toll. Billed 15.85 dollars for the toll and "administrator fees". I fully expected to pay the toll. I did not expect additional markup of 14.85 for the use. Tesla obviously has no problem with this by using hertz cars. They can certainly at a minimum warn you. I am great full the service was only two days since a single toll use generates the administrative fee for everyday the car is rented. BEWARE
this isn't a tesla issue, it is yours and hertz's issue. those ezpasses in rentals are encased in a box where they won't be read unless YOU choose to use it.
maybe the fees were not properly explained to you by the hertz people, that is not tesla's issue.

Reactions: Falkirk
I remember reading this in the Hertz rental agreement. Tesla already generously pays for the gas (more importantly, for the hassle/time associated with finding gas and matching the exact fuel gauge reading the car came with) in Hertz loaners. I don't know if I'd expect them to pay the rental car toll markup, or the rental car parking ticket markup.

Yep, SOP for Hertz. Use your own toll pass whenever possible to avoid their exorbitant toll markup.

This also applies when you get a Tesla Loaner vehicle instead of a rental car for a loaner. Bring your own toll transponders, it only makes sense. It's not Tesla's responsibility to cover your use of toll roads or bridges.

Given a hertz loaner at tysons service center. Had an easy pass in the car and told I could access it without any warning of fees. I had the car for two days and used it once for a ONE dollar toll. Billed 15.85 dollars for the toll and "administrator fees". I fully expected to pay the toll. I did not expect additional markup of 14.85 for the use
Car rental companies are notorious for maximizing profits with all kinds of additional fees, including charging double the retail price of gas if you fill your tank at their return drop off location. Your complaint is an issue between you and Hertz. Tesla has nothing to do with it. Your thread title is misleading at best.

wasn't it pelosi who said that you have to pass it to see what is in it?
if you are going to try to play politics, get it right

Which is naturally one the most misquoted and taken out of context quotes you can find... Given your other posts on matters of politics, it's not difficult to see why you made it a point here...

Otherwise, the thread title is a bit of a joke and I'm with everyone else here... :p

Jeff