TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Warning - the Tesla stories are coming, be prepared.

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Blue heaven, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

Now the model 3 has exposed many more of the public to the Tesla brand the stories are going increase, you may have noticed it happening over the weekend, politicians will be keen for a photo opportunity to boost their image, sadly most don't have a clue about electric vehicles and offer little to the cause, the media will be keen to print a story, any story, content is not important, research, facts and truth are not important as long as TESLA is in the headlines, expect to see headlines such as "COAL POWERED CARS" "LITHIUM SHORTAGE" "RANGE ANXIETY" or even the classic "POWER GRID COLLAPSE" all absolute rubbish and debunked many times over but still rolled out to feed the masses, sadly a large part of the population believe this rubbish and take it to the next dinner party, BBQ, water cooler discussion.
    The writer of the story won't have a clue so they'll ring around until someone of importance gives them the comment they want to hear, it doesn't matter if they know anything about EVs or the power grid as long as they have multiple letters after their name.
    Once the story is printed you'll get the "experts" telling everyone how bad EVs are, over and over again they get corrected but the same "experts" persist, that's their job, unfortunately some members of the public swallow it hook, line and sinker.

It's coming ladies and gentlemen, don't be offended but be prepared.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

A nice way of putting it. There are too many people taking offence in this world!

3. garyjac

garyjac Member

In the famous words of Kevin Rudd: "Fair suck of the sauce bottle" ('til he found out what it meant)...I have those multiple letters after my name and I'd give the reporter the "straight poop" both barrels...including getting rid of coal mines and putting up solar thermal (and other) renewable energy power stations. Been lobbying the Qld energy Minister (who is a dullard) coming up tot he next election (any time now), but I have help from 100,000 "solar citizens", so the dullards might listen. If not, we should vote them out. Don't turn up to a gun fight with a knife and don't turn up to a political fight with reason :)

• Like x 1
  4. omniwolf

omniwolf eNizl

"Fair shake of the sauce bottle" ;)

5. garyjac

garyjac Member

..."Ruddian Slip..sorry :eek:

6. Chuq

Chuq Member

7. raynewman

raynewman Member

Looks like he's called Nick Whigham.

I really get pissed when there is such an ahole of a story and no where to make comments.

I just came from the thing at UQ; that Craig Froome is a real DH!

8. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

It's another in what's going to be a production line of EV write ups, I would guess Mr Froome has spoken well about EVs and associated infrastructure but the 95% positive has been left out and the 5% negative have been written up.

9. garyjac

garyjac Member

I read enough to see that Mr Froome does not seem to know the difference between a kilometre and a mile, so that about sums the quality of the seminar up I suppose:oops: Qualified in Commerce/Business with a few subjects added to get a Masters in Environmental Management (which could mean anything). I'd be more impressed if he had a little science and engineering under his belt. As for anything in the Murdoch Press (Whigham, et. al,), well, they write what the boss wants.

10. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Looks like they have pulled the article.
    Too much feedback?

11. garyjac

garyjac Member

Incompetence breeds contempt. They probably have no idea how many EV knowledgeable people are watching them.

12. Chuq

Chuq Member

Could be that Froome complained about the way his quotes were used? Although from what raynewman said he isn't much better!

13. Brian May

Brian May Member

How come I haven't got my Model 3 yet? I ordered in 2016 - March to be precise, and there is still no sign of it. Elon Musk said that I would get it late 2017 and I still don't have it. Oh wait, it is isn't 2018 yet... Stupid Tardis technology. Probably need a new Flux Capacity. Sorry for the noise.

Also why is everyone promoting EV cars as being the best thing ever, when in the year 3016 we all know that... Oh wait, never mind. Spoilers.

• Like x 1
  14. garyjac

garyjac Member

In the case of the referred article it might be "F&%*s" Capacitors perhaps? As to time travel? It is obviously possible, since the authors of these articles live in the past :D

• Funny x 1
  15. Brian May

Brian May Member

Maybe the Federal Liberal Party is from the past too. Would certainly explain some of their policies, such as NBN without FTTP.

• Like x 1
  16. garyjac

garyjac Member

The entire political system is from the past. Abusing politicians could become a major sport if only someone would promote it. Did you play guitar with Queen?

17. Brian May

Brian May Member

No, not that Brian May :)

18. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

Quote; "Indeed, there is growing school of thought within the industry that Tesla could in fact be a saviour of Big Oil"

Story is in the Australian business review: Tesla no threat to Big Oil.

I wonder if the model S owned by Woodside chairman Michael Chaney has personal number plates? Maybe not "LOLGAS".

19. baillies

baillies Member

20. Brian May

Brian May Member

I have waited over 2 years and there is still no sign of my Model 3. This is a disgrace. I want a refund! Oh wait, misread the date. Just over 2 weeks, not 2 years. Sorry.

• Funny x 1