Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning - the Tesla stories are coming, be prepared.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now the model 3 has exposed many more of the public to the Tesla brand the stories are going increase, you may have noticed it happening over the weekend, politicians will be keen for a photo opportunity to boost their image, sadly most don't have a clue about electric vehicles and offer little to the cause, the media will be keen to print a story, any story, content is not important, research, facts and truth are not important as long as TESLA is in the headlines, expect to see headlines such as "COAL POWERED CARS" "LITHIUM SHORTAGE" "RANGE ANXIETY" or even the classic "POWER GRID COLLAPSE" all absolute rubbish and debunked many times over but still rolled out to feed the masses, sadly a large part of the population believe this rubbish and take it to the next dinner party, BBQ, water cooler discussion.
The writer of the story won't have a clue so they'll ring around until someone of importance gives them the comment they want to hear, it doesn't matter if they know anything about EVs or the power grid as long as they have multiple letters after their name.
Once the story is printed you'll get the "experts" telling everyone how bad EVs are, over and over again they get corrected but the same "experts" persist, that's their job, unfortunately some members of the public swallow it hook, line and sinker.

It's coming ladies and gentlemen, don't be offended but be prepared.

In the famous words of Kevin Rudd: "Fair suck of the sauce bottle" ('til he found out what it meant)...I have those multiple letters after my name and I'd give the reporter the "straight poop" both barrels...including getting rid of coal mines and putting up solar thermal (and other) renewable energy power stations. Been lobbying the Qld energy Minister (who is a dullard) coming up tot he next election (any time now), but I have help from 100,000 "solar citizens", so the dullards might listen. If not, we should vote them out. Don't turn up to a gun fight with a knife and don't turn up to a political fight with reason :)

Reactions: Mark E
Wow.. blue heaven, this one will have steam coming out of your ears.
News Limited - No journalist name (not surprised, who would want to be associated with this crap)

The problem with buying the new Tesla

It's another in what's going to be a production line of EV write ups, I would guess Mr Froome has spoken well about EVs and associated infrastructure but the 95% positive has been left out and the 5% negative have been written up.

I read enough to see that Mr Froome does not seem to know the difference between a kilometre and a mile, so that about sums the quality of the seminar up I suppose:oops: Qualified in Commerce/Business with a few subjects added to get a Masters in Environmental Management (which could mean anything). I'd be more impressed if he had a little science and engineering under his belt. As for anything in the Murdoch Press (Whigham, et. al,), well, they write what the boss wants.

How come I haven't got my Model 3 yet? I ordered in 2016 - March to be precise, and there is still no sign of it. Elon Musk said that I would get it late 2017 and I still don't have it. Oh wait, it is isn't 2018 yet... Stupid Tardis technology. Probably need a new Flux Capacity. Sorry for the noise.

Also why is everyone promoting EV cars as being the best thing ever, when in the year 3016 we all know that... Oh wait, never mind. Spoilers.

Reactions: omniwolf
Quote; "Indeed, there is growing school of thought within the industry that Tesla could in fact be a saviour of Big Oil"

Story is in the Australian business review: Tesla no threat to Big Oil.

I wonder if the model S owned by Woodside chairman Michael Chaney has personal number plates? Maybe not "LOLGAS".