Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning: Vehicle Systems Over Temperature Limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 S100D received new Sept. 2017. 25,000 miles. I have had this warning appear multiple times for the past 2 months at different superchargers in different states. Outside temp about 90-92 degrees. I can be the only car there and it occurs when i am in the car and when i am not. I unplug ,wait a couple minutes and replug. Sometimes it will give me 10-15 miles or none at all. May repeat this 7-8 times to get enough power to continue trip.
Service center 5 hrs. away. Ranger today ran tests and said A/C and cooling system OK.
Thinks it is a firmware problem or issue with onboard charger. Was never a problem last summer.
Any thoughts or advice.?
Thanks.!

Has anyone ever had their onboard charger replaced.?
Can that be done by a Ranger.?

I believe they can - they are located under the rear seat.

As an aside, our nearest Service Center is now Pearl, MS (Jackson) and not Houston. If the Mobile Techs in our area need the car to go to a Service Center they now (as of the last couple of months) send it to Pearl, MS. At least that is the case in New Orleans metro and I assume is also the case for Baton Rouge.

Last I heard, New Orleans Service Center might be open sometime this fall.

Mike

Reactions: erik_k
Currently have the same problem 2017 X75D.

Havent had a ranger come out since we hardly charge at superchargers. Its only at superchargers that this happens. You can hear the fans speeding up. I can now guess when its about to give me this error because you can hear the fans going super fast.

Just a quick bit of advice... if you're only seeing this error when supercharging then it is unlikely that the onboard charger is related, at least for model S/X. Supercharging is DC charging, and it bypasses the onboard charger and goes directly to the battery via the high-voltage junction box. I wanted to mention this just so that when you're talking to Tesla to get it resolved that it will avoid confusion.

Reactions: Tozz
Just a quick bit of advice... if you're only seeing this error when supercharging then it is unlikely that the onboard charger is related, at least for model S/X. Supercharging is DC charging, and it bypasses the onboard charger and goes directly to the battery via the high-voltage junction box. I wanted to mention this just so that when you're talking to Tesla to get it resolved that it will avoid confusion.

This gets repeated a lot here but the onboard charger is an integral component to the successful control and management of supercharging sessions and there are at least a couple common failure modes where issues with the charger prevents supercharging.