Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

warnings/info about profile posts being not being private conversations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cwerdna

Jul 11, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Not sure if there's a better place for this.

I noticed at the bottom of What's new (and went back further) is that some folks seem to (I think) be under the belief that profile posts to others are private conversations. Some have included PII like phone numbers. I don't think the people who wrote this messages intended for everyone who visits TMC to se their phone #.

Perhaps there should be a warning/prompt/hint that profile posts aren't intended for private convos and to instead send a private message (e.g. start conversation) instead?

Luckily very few people even know that "What's New" page exists as it is no longer shown to users unless they specifically turn it on in their account settings.

Yes, there is an issue where people for some reason think that Profile Posts are private, even though they are designed to work and look basically like Facebook's wall, etc. We'll see if there is a reasonable way to let people know on that page that they are public.

Reactions: cwerdna