TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Warping at bottom of windshield

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by MrOteece, Mar 10, 2013.

1. MrOteece

MrOteece Member

There is a very noticeable warping of the view across the bottom half inch of the front windshield. I'm assuming this is "normal", but just want to see if other people have the same thing.

2. Elshout

Elshout Member

I have the same distortion but I don't find it in the least bothersome. On the other hand I've never seen this in any other car. Wonder why.

3. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I've seen cars where the dash has some padding towards the bottom instead, cutting off the view of the area. I suspect that's how other manufacturers handle the issue.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I noticed it in mine, but after a few miles of driving it's not an issue.

5. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

It is there and I hope Tesla will address it in the future.

Show me another $100k car that has that...

6. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I suspect the others simply have the same padding. You can see a lot of the dash in the S. I feel almost claustrophobic in other cars.

7. MrOteece

MrOteece Member

I had to drive my old car to get a final wash and some gas (how quaint) today, and I noticed that the windshield wipers were much more prominent and obstructed the view in that portion of the windshield except at the very edges where one doesn't normally look. I think that is why I notice it so much in the Tesla. Minor distraction, but it seems like it could have been framed a little differently to mask it better.

8. strider

strider Active Member

Yes, other cars just extend the glass beyond the dash so that distortion is covered by the dash. Your eyes should be looking up and forward, not down at the hood :cool: