Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warrantee repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wiper fluid was running out from under my new model Y. I used App to make a service appointment under "wiper" with picture and explanation that it was a warrantee repair needed.
I received an invoice for $75 to replace wipers which I had to approve prior to appointment. The App does not have a service category for warrantee repairs. How do you make an appointment for warrantee work? I have since fixed the failure myself. The rubber hose had come of a barbed fitting.

When the Tesla Service technician examines the vehicle Tesla will determine whether the repair is covered under the vehicle warranty. Your credit card will not be charged if it is a warranty repair.

BTW the washer fluid hose is known to disconnect from the washer fluid pump. This is a 2 minute repair that you can do yourself once you open the hood and remove the plastic shroud by the windshield.

When the Tesla Service technician examines the vehicle Tesla will determine whether the repair is covered under the vehicle warranty. Your credit card will not be charged if it is a warranty repair.

BTW the washer fluid hose is known to disconnect from the washer fluid pump. This is a 2 minute repair that you can do yourself once you open the hood and remove the plastic shroud by the windshield.

Have a ready supply of clips for the plastic shroud... you will break at least one when you reinstall it!

Keith

Have a ready supply of clips for the plastic shroud... you will break at least one when you reinstall it!

Keith
My experience has been if you work carefully from one side pulling off the shroud it comes off easily without breaking any of the clips. To re-install just line up the clips with the slots and gently press the shroud into place. Don't forget to press the clips in the center area back in.

My experience has been if you work carefully from one side pulling off the shroud it comes off easily without breaking any of the clips. To re-install just line up the clips with the slots and gently press the shroud into place. Don't forget to press the clips in the center area back in.

First time you do this you don't know how fragile they are. I didn't break any taking the shroud off, but putting it back on I broke two of them.

Keith

Not sure how you break those clips. I've been taking on and off more than 10 times now, and nothing is broken.
I learned from the mobile tech how to properly install the shroud by gently pushing down with your palm that will get all the clips in without any issue.