Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty Dispute. Do I have a case?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, looking on some advice as how to handle this situation.

Bought my Model S new in May 2018.
In September 2018, I reported a rattle that was coming from the front of my car when accelerating.
Mobile tech came out and was unable to replicate the rattle and there was no Michigan shop to take car into for a deeper inspection.

About 2 months ago, the rattle got unbearable. I took it into the shop and they located a faulty "Air Spring" in the suspension.

My vehicle is now out of warranty and Tesla is asking $1,200 to replace the Air Spring.

Do you I have a case to dispute the charge for the replacement? I have all the documentation of the issue being reported in 2018, and Tesla being unable to fix it then, when my car was under warranty.

Also, here is a Tesla Service Bulletin they issued for the known issue: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10148826-9999.pdf

Bought my Model S new in May 2018.
In September 2018, I reported a rattle that was coming from the front of my car when accelerating.
Mobile tech came out and was unable to replicate the rattle and there was no Michigan shop to take car into for a deeper inspection.
About 2 months ago, the rattle got unbearable. I took it into the shop and they located a faulty "Air Spring" in the suspension.
My vehicle is now out of warranty and Tesla is asking $1,200 to replace the Air Spring.
Do you I have a case to dispute the charge for the replacement?

Not really.
But you have a strong case to ask for a "goodwill" repair. At least you would with any other reputable automaker.
With a Tesla - it's a coin toss as to how you will be treated between different Service Centers.

If I were you, I would plead my case at more than one SC, and see if I got lucky.
Otherwise, pay up.

You did not buy your Tesla for it's outstanding service reputation, did you?

a