Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty dispute with local service centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I've got a dispute with the local service centre over a warranty item which should fall under the SRS warranty of 5 years, but they're putting it under the general, 3 year, warranty,

I can't find any other method to contact a real person other than in the app, but each time I contact in the app i seem to get transferred to that same service centre, which I'd prefer to avoid.

Has anyone had success in contacting another level of tesla service other than directly through their local service centre?

Thanks,

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
yeah maybe I'll try that with a different service centre, thanks.
passenger seat occupancy sensor, I've read, and even my main SC hinted that it would be covered under the 5 year SRS warranty but finally they called me back to say that teh service manager said it would not be. however I've read on here that it has been elsewhere.

yeah maybe I'll try that with a different service centre, thanks.
passenger seat occupancy sensor, I've read, and even my main SC hinted that it would be covered under the 5 year SRS warranty but finally they called me back to say that teh service manager said it would not be. however I've read on here that it has been elsewhere.
Funny my in laws had the same issue on a 2010 VW Passat. They wouldn't cover it and wanted several thousand dollars to replace.

How much are they trying to charge you?

Here is an article from Kia which lists the components of the system. The occupancy sensor is not listed unfortunately.

• Informative
Funny my in laws had the same issue on a 2010 VW Passat. They wouldn't cover it and wanted several thousand dollars to replace.

How much are they trying to charge you?

Here is an article from Kia which lists the components of the system. The occupancy sensor is not listed unfortunately.

3K canadian. Occupancy sensor funny enough is listed under the seatbelts category when you look at the tesla parts catalogue Parts Catalog

3K canadian. Occupancy sensor funny enough is listed under the seatbelts category when you look at the tesla parts catalogue Parts Catalog
Yeah I'm afraid your facing an uphill battle here. Ask to speak with a manager. You can argue that it's a safety issue. If they refuse to goodwill it then see if they will split the cost with you (goodwill half of it). It shouldn't fail like that.