Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty Escalation

reskew1102

Apr 27, 2021
Naples, FL
I was just told by the service advisor at the Ft. Myers, FL Tesla service center that Tesla does not warrant it wheels (rims) and that they do not have a warranty escalation process. And advice would be helpful.

CorneliusRox

Mar 3, 2021
MN
What's wrong with them? It'd have to be excessive runout, machining defects, porosity issues, paint flaking, etc...
If you are getting some vibration and it's found they are bent, they're not going to cover that.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
Tesla says in the Warranty, after you try to get the vehicle serviced, the next option is to go through the Dispute Resolution process outlined in your warranty. I do not see where wheels are specifically excluded, but Tesla probably will claim you damaged them unless the car is very new. Maybe you can get your auto insurance to pay for them if it is road damage.

Oct 10, 2019
So-Cal
Well whats wrong with them? I mean rims are pretty solid of an item the likelihood of a manufacture defect is pretty low. and that's the only way you could get warranty support for a rim.

2101Guy

Jan 6, 2020
USA
Alloy rims are notoriously easy to bend. Sometimes the bend can have zero affect on ride/handling. Othertimes will cause a vibration. Sometimes a wheel balance can address the vibration to varying degrees. Thee are also wheel repair places in just about every big city that can fix bends/rash/damage, etc. Can often restore to like new.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC