Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty issue and complete lack of customer service.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I purchased my used 2017 model S via the Tesla website, I was told I had a 1 year extended warranty. The same warranty is clearly listed on the website. I was told by a service tech that warranty was not on my account and that I should report it immediately. I reported in the service messages like I was told to and they just said contact sales, then cut off my chat so I could no longer reply. I have spent over a week calling again and again any number I can find and NOBODY will return a call or message me. This is incredibly frustrating! Has anyone else experienced this lack of costumer service from Tesla? Is there some other way I can get someone to actually talk to me about this issue?

When I purchased my used 2017 model S via the Tesla website, I was told I had a 1 year extended warranty. The same warranty is clearly listed on the website. I was told by a service tech that warranty was not on my account and that I should report it immediately. I reported in the service messages like I was told to and they just said contact sales, then cut off my chat so I could no longer reply. I have spent over a week calling again and again any number I can find and NOBODY will return a call or message me. This is incredibly frustrating! Has anyone else experienced this lack of costumer service from Tesla? Is there some other way I can get someone to actually talk to me about this issue?
1 (888) 518-3752 may be able to help, but I'm assuming you've already reached out on this number. Shoot me your VIN number/name/delivery date and I'll forward to one of my people in Used Cars at Tesla to see if they can upchannel your issue.

Go to chat support. I had good luck with it and they resolved my issues when I used it.

Reporting this issue in service messages will not help given this is a sales issue, not service (not something the service department can help you fix).

Yeah, been through that however I think you should be fine since every used car tesla sells have that 1year warranty. When I bought my cpo car ~3years ago no one would give me warranty paper however later down the line service center have it updated and they gave me one. So I guess they would stick to that for 1year 10000 miles they currently do from POS

Yeah, been through that however I think you should be fine since every used car tesla sells have that 1year warranty. When I bought my cpo car ~3years ago no one would give me warranty paper however later down the line service center have it updated and they gave me one. So I guess they would stick to that for 1year 10000 miles they currently do from POS
This is good to hear. Thank you. I will keep pressing the issue.

Go to chat support. I had good luck with it and they resolved my issues when I used it.

Reporting this issue in service messages will not help given this is a sales issue, not service (not something the service department can help you fix).

Thanks, I tried to many times. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a chat on the support page, just a loop of website links when you try to chat.
You’re not going to get in touch with anyone via phone or chat. You literally need to go and knock on their door at the SC.

You should be scheduling a service appointment with your concern through the app. Someone will get back to you then. Eventually.

Thanks, I tried to many times. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a chat on the support page, just a loop of website links when you try to chat.
You have to follow the instructions. Do it during business hours (Pacific time). Click contact us on the bottom of the support page:

It will go to this page:

Then pick a topic that will let you chat (any topic that shows the "Do you need more help?" on the bottom). For example you can use "Tesla Service and Repair" "Question about an Upcoming Service Appointment".

This has been solved! After leaving many messages, I learned that if you call "sales," but don't give information about what you are calling about in the message, they call you back. The warranty was straightened out. Thank you all for the insight.

the battery and motor come with a 8 year unlimited mile warranty thats grandfathered in the car and transferable from owner to owner. and yes all other parts have a 1 year warranty from the dealer.

the battery and motor come with a 8 year unlimited mile warranty thats grandfathered in the car and transferable from owner to owner. and yes all other parts have a 1 year warranty from the dealer.
you need to demand that you speak to the regional service manager, if you still don't hear back from anyone go to the SC and demand you want to talk to the highest person in charge of that sc

Tesla "customer service" support is still the worst. No customer-facing phone number, email or any method of contact for that matter and having to lie to the automated system just to talk to a human being is not the path to acceptable customer service support.
I'm going through the same on top of everything they made up lies and stories to cover themselves 5 employees, I'm going all the way to whoever it takes to make things right. they are mostly young kids running the SC I went to. they messed with the wrong person I'm 56 I've been in the automotive business I'm a diy person I have owned my own business with employees. bottom line Elon Musk is the top boss and he needs to know what is going on with my problems alone I'm sure there are 1000's of other customers like me that have issues simular. I not just going to sit back and let this happen

1 (888) 518-3752 may be able to help, but I'm assuming you've already reached out on this number. Shoot me your VIN number/name/delivery date and I'll forward to one of my people in Used Cars at Tesla to see if they can upchannel your issue.
Long time no see ya. That's nice of you to offer to help him when you are not even involved; yet I am not surprised in the least since you were VERY helpful getting information to me and getting me set up with X-Care a few months ago. I'm a happy customer so far. :)