TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Warranty limitations because of commercial use

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Matias, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Matias

Matias Active Member

#1 Matias, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Matias

Matias Active Member

apparently that was just some internet rumour or misunderstanding?

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

The warranty mentions "retail customer", which could be taken to mean "not wholesale" or "not business".

4. Matias

Matias Active Member

Hmm, yeah, butt that is rather vague IMHO. The reason why I am interested about this, is that I'm planning to buy Tesla for my company. Car would be in our family's personal use. But the owner would be my company, not me. Maybe I'm thinking too much, but I would just like to be sure there's no problem with warranty.

5. TES-E

TES-E Member

For the usage you describe, it sounds like it would likely be treated the same as a business lease. I think commercial use would be akin to using one as a taxi our similar usage.

6. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

I think that's good. I'd just suggest confirming the rules with Tesla. Taxi driver or courier would definitely be commercial, commuter is definitely not commercial, but in between there are people like consultants and sales reps who drive a lot to customer sites.

7. Matias

Matias Active Member

I got superfast response from Stockholm Service Center regarding my situation. Response was "The warranty is the same for private owning as well as for company owning." Good :smile: