Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty on a remanufactured battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a used 2014 model S. The battery died and was replaced by Tesla under warranty with a remanufactured battery. Now that remanufactured battery has died. I'm wondering if there is a warranty on the remanufactured replacement battery from 3 years ago?

I bought a used 2014 model S. The battery died and was replaced by Tesla under warranty with a remanufactured battery. Now that remanufactured battery has died. I'm wondering if there is a warranty on the remanufactured replacement battery from 3 years ago?
No. Parts replaced under the original new car warranty are only covered for the remainder of that original warranty. There's no extension.

If you replace the battery again at your cost, THAT battery will come with a 4 year / 50k warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: GtiMart
Upvote 0
looking to purchase a used 2013 tesla. seller states that the battery was replaced by Tesla last year and they showed be service record. it states

ASY-HVBattery, S3, DM, Remanufactured, MDLS (1088905-01-B). no idea what any of this means, as im new to tesla. Cost $11,250 but tesla adjusted it down to $4,680.

12V battery was replaced, DCS33-UNCR MS--PRE

Drive Unit was replaced ATF, QUART (1031106-00-A) ASY, P-TRAIN RMN MDLS , Base, CMC, HD, FA2+ (10232576-00-Q).

Seller states that they replaced battery and drive unit comes with a 5 year warranty (of which 4 is now remaining). I searched on this forum and online and couldn't not confirm if this new battery would have a warranty?

Upvote 0
Seller states that they replaced battery and drive unit comes with a 5 year warranty (of which 4 is now remaining). I searched on this forum and online and couldn't not confirm if this new battery would have a warranty?
Replacement high voltage batteries and drive units that the customer paid for (i.e. were not replaced under the 8 year warranty that originally came with the car) are covered by a 4 year / 50k mile warranty under the Tesla parts, body and paint repair warranty.

Upvote 0