Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warranty roadside towing in North America updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is crazy awesome as my ranger fee is $1,500. If my car is not drivable I could potentially get a free tow to the nearest SC which is about 500 miles away. Sure I might have to fly out and pick up the car but that's a lot less than $1,500!

Very good news, Tesla. Now if we could just chat about that maximum ranger fee for times when my car is drivable but has issues...

This is great news for me! I am 330 miles (and a whole lot of mountains) from the Denver Service Center and 383 miles from the Salt Lake City Service Center. Albuquerque NM would be about 305 miles if a Service Center is ever opened there (I believe that NM is one of states in thrall to the auto dealership lobby). There is pretty much zero chance of a Service Center being established in my area for the foreseeable future because the population density is too low. This is a common problem here in flyover country away from the densely populated coasts.

Driving to a SC is doable but my concern has been what I would do if the car isn't driveable. This new policy sure helps with that.