Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was all ready to pull the trigger on a Model X...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ready to proceed now and I'm glad I took the time to sit in other vehicles before walking away.

Hopefully placing the order tomorrow morning for an inventory car with the following spec.

Model X 100D
Midnight Silver
20" Silver wheels
7 Seater
Beige/Oak premium interior
Premium Upgrades Package
Enhanced Autopilot

I think that's it.

Excited but also more than a little nervous I have to admit, am I going to love it?

Congratulations!

I agree on the vinyl; I like the look of the white, but hate the way it holds body heat. I'm not sure why you tried to call it a "luxury" vehicle in your mind considering that it 's not. It's a premium vehicle at best, but batteries and cutting edge technology are expensive. My best guess is that the price seems to make people say luxury when they shouldn't and you fell into that trap.

well, I think it's easy to "fall into that trap" as you called it. This is a $115000 car. I understand the tech (and infrastructure and everything associated with it) is expensive. It's a big part of the appeal of the car and company. I knew that form and finish of the cars is not comparable to other manufacturers, and that's a disappointment, but you can somewhat find justifications for it. At the same time - this is still a $115000 car. You could get a BMW X5 40e and i3 for that price, both of which have good fit and finish - but they lack the tech. I think the conversation would be inherently different if the Model X was along the $80k-$90k range.

All that being said - I am still looking forward to learn more about the Y and I'd totally consider a 3/s/y in 2 years when our current lease is up. We figured out that the X is not only uncomfortable (for us), but also a bit too big. No harm in any case - I am happy to have a good vehicle for the time being. I do point out the flaws, however, because otherwise there couldn't even be a chance to improve.

Congrats on deciding on the X. If you don't already have a referral code to use when you make the order, I'd be very grateful if you would like to use mine. Let me know. Enjoy the new ride!

Guys, panic over!

Thanks so much for all your feedback, very reassuring. BTW I'm 5'9" and weigh 14st, I'm no lightweight but not huge either.

I drove the car back to the dealer (sorry store!) this morning and asked to sit in quite a few X's. They all immediately felt far more comfortable and it was actually a huge relief for my legs. I then went back to the car with the girl and she looked at the seats and said although the car is a Dec 2017 registration, it was manufactured in mid July 2017 with older style leather seats. The leather had stretched and the padding sagged (10k miles) so that my bum was sitting lower in the seat and the steel bar was sitting under my hamstrings and I was just in discomfort from having my heavy legs (all muscle ;) ) laying across a steel bar!

Ready to proceed now and I'm glad I took the time to sit in other vehicles before walking away.

Hopefully placing the order tomorrow morning for an inventory car with the following spec.

Model X 100D
Midnight Silver
20" Silver wheels
7 Seater
Beige/Oak premium interior
Premium Upgrades Package
Enhanced Autopilot

I think that's it.

Excited but also more than a little nervous I have to admit, am I going to love it?