Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was going to order, now in 2 minds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you don’t here so much about the great things though

Well maybe not here as much but on YouTube/twitter there are plenty of people pushing the great things about Tesla constantly.

Phantom braking
Headlights not adjusted properly and blinding drivers.
Auto wipers wiping too often or not often enough.

Phantom breaking is not that common for me but annoying yes after a while I learn where not to use TACC.

Headlights can be manually adjusted if needed.

Wipers can be manually set if needed.

I don't think any of those 3 are major issues, as long as you get a decent car at the start without problems most of your worries will be over.

My appeal with ALD took 6 weeks. Still a no. Weird outfit.
Do you mind me asking how many months upfront you applied with? I’m only doing a 1 month upfront. Maybe that has something to do with it. I currently have a pcp going which will be paid off when I get the new car. I would have got a good price to sell my vehicle according to the confirmed quotes. Maybe they are not taking that into consideration and think I want 2 car loans at once.

Do you mind me asking how many months upfront you applied with? I’m only doing a 1 month upfront. Maybe that has something to do with it. I currently have a pcp going which will be paid off when I get the new car. I would have got a good price to sell my vehicle according to the confirmed quotes. Maybe they are not taking that into consideration and think I want 2 car loans at once.
This was a 3+35 deal.

It can help, with some funders, to go for a larger deposit. But it really varies, each have their own criteria.

For example, I was declined BCH but then offered a directors guarantee, which ALD wouldn't accept just because "they don't".

This was a 3+35 deal.

It can help, with some funders, to go for a larger deposit. But it really varies, each have their own criteria.

For example, I was declined BCH but then offered a directors guarantee, which ALD wouldn't accept just because "they don't".
Thanks for the reply :) I had a thought yesterday. When you waited for 6 weeks for your appeal, I assume you couldn’t try elsewhere in the meantime in case you got accepted at your appeal? Will brokers charge you their finders fee it gets accepted and you don’t want it any more? I have started an appeal with another finance company. I’ve been told it will take a few days. What happens if it takes weeks? I just have to wait? The broker said these pch offers are only in effect if the car is handed over by the end of the month. So it will be too late then surely? If I get accepted (slim chance I’m guessing) the offer may no longer exist and I will be stuck anyway.

Thanks for the reply :) I had a thought yesterday. When you waited for 6 weeks for your appeal, I assume you couldn’t try elsewhere in the meantime in case you got accepted at your appeal? Will brokers charge you their finders fee it gets accepted and you don’t want it any more? I have started an appeal with another finance company. I’ve been told it will take a few days. What happens if it takes weeks? I just have to wait? The broker said these pch offers are only in effect if the car is handed over by the end of the month. So it will be too late then surely? If I get accepted (slim chance I’m guessing) the offer may no longer exist and I will be stuck anyway.

Generally the fee is charged when finance is approved. Check your brokers T&C. I waited for the appeal decision and then applied with a different funder.

You could always try elsewhere, worst case scenario is you get an order which has to be cancelled and it costs you £300 say.

Nice one. Glad you went for it, and got it sorted. 6 more days for me. I’ve become a right loser tracking the ship it’s on to fill the time until I collect it.

That was my favourite part! Until they did the discounts on Performance models last year and I ended up with a car that had already landed. Tracking with Mr M is like the run up to christmas, you get all of that excitement and anticipation. I just wish I knew about the thread before I ordered, then I could have used his referral link.

Reactions: Beady3647
Status
Not open for further replies.