Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was in a minor accident and I'm impressed!

Petals408

Aug 23, 2021
Texas
Hey everyone
I have a 2020 Model 3 and was recently in a minor accident. Someone pulled out while turning left and hit my front end driver's side. They were in a Camry. I was shocked at the difference in visible damage on the two cars and quite pleased! The Camry was torn up compared to my car. That led me to research the structure of the car out of curiosity. So happy my family will be protected if we ever get into a major accident (God forbid)!
On the other hand, as a person who parks out on the South 40 to avoid door dings and only has 6,000 miles on the car that's over a year old, I am pissed this happened. It goes in the shop next week to get fixed!

Attachments

• Camry.jpg
    Camry.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 56

TLLMRRJ

Dec 19, 2019
Houston
Uh, crumple zones are a good thing for absorbing crash energy so your body doesn't. Given that fact, the Camry won easily.

MasterC17

Dec 3, 2015
USA
Uh, crumple zones are a good thing for absorbing crash energy so your body doesn't. Given that fact, the Camry won easily.

There were no crumple zones involved in this accident. The fender is thin steel and the bumper is plastic. This was a low-speed impact, I'm guessing less than 15mph.

Reactions: Petals408

holmgang

Sep 9, 2019
eu
Current Camry has NHTSA 5 star rating on every single metric , IIHS Good (top) rating on every crash test, with overall place as Top Safety Pick+

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.

Attachments

• 1629811726818.png
    1629811726818.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • Funny
Reactions: Petals408 and KenC

TexasTezla

Feb 28, 2020
Texas
Hey everyone
I have a 2020 Model 3 and was recently in a minor accident. Someone pulled out while turning left and hit my front end driver's side. They were in a Camry. I was shocked at the difference in visible damage on the two cars and quite pleased! The Camry was torn up compared to my car. That led me to research the structure of the car out of curiosity. So happy my family will be protected if we ever get into a major accident (God forbid)!
On the other hand, as a person who parks out on the South 40 to avoid door dings and only has 6,000 miles on the car that's over a year old, I am pissed this happened. It goes in the shop next week to get fixed!
That Camry was in no way street legal with those tires!

Reactions: Petals408

Petals408

Aug 23, 2021
Texas
yea, but it will cost 3 times more to fix the Tesla.
Not my problem lol. It was her fault. :) And actually my insurance adjuster from Geico, who estimates Tesla repair all the time, told me Tesla parts are the cheapest on the market due to the low number of models they have.

KenC

Sep 4, 2018
Maine
Oh
It's always best to purchase Red. It's easier to see in the woods.

Yes, Tesla is a safe vehicle. It's the new Volvo.
Hmmm.... Unplugged Performance sticker on driver-side door. How fast do you think the driver took that 25mph corner?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC