Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was just offered 2020.8.3....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyway to force an update? I've been stuck on 2020.8.3 for over a week now but have only had the car for 2 weeks

Not really. In extreme cases you can put in a service ticket on the App and ask for a software update.

But 2020.8.3 is really pretty new. Folks with new cars often go a few weeks before getting off the factory firmware version, which apparently you have already.

I went for three month without an update a couple years ago, and even with the new faster pace two weeks on a version isn’t unusual.

Is there anyway to force an update? I've been stuck on 2020.8.3 for over a week now but have only had the car for 2 weeks

You can ask via a service request. I've done it a couple of times and they push the update to my car within hours. Did it yesterday and also received 2020.8.3. In the service notes from Tesla they said that I now have the latest firmware for my particular VIN. 2018 LR RWD Model 3.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Being on the same version for a week is hardly "stuck" :)
For reference, here are my update stats from the last two years.
Average of 14 days between updates. Average of 2 days from version discovery to install. It has been 11 days since your last update

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
My car has been asleep for over a week now because I've been stuck at home. I just woke it up for the first time yesterday because I finally got approval to turn on my solar panels and I had to set those up in the app which defaulted to my car and woke it up before I could switch over.

If the car is always asleep I wonder if it'll ever update?

My car has been asleep for over a week now because I've been stuck at home. I just woke it up for the first time yesterday because I finally got approval to turn on my solar panels and I had to set those up in the app which defaulted to my car and woke it up before I could switch over.

If the car is always asleep I wonder if it'll ever update?

Mine hadn’t been driven in several days when it offered me the 12.5 update yesterday. I don’t remember if there might have been minor events that woke it while parked.

Interesting. My phone wouldn't connect to the car this morning and the screen (in the car) was blank. I used the 2-button salute to reboot and the car seems to be back to normal. This was the first time I attempted to drive it since the firmware updates.

Best,

I was stuck on 8.1 for three weeks while reading about all the new versions out there. For no good reason, I switched the car’s ‘update’ switch from ‘advanced’ to ‘normal’ (I forget the actual terms used in the car) and boom! the car said I could update to 8.3 toot sweet.
I suspect I’ll have to live with that version for a while since I hear that 12.5 is strictly for Yanks so us Canucks will have to wait it out.

I was stuck on 8.1 for three weeks while reading about all the new versions out there. For no good reason, I switched the car’s ‘update’ switch from ‘advanced’ to ‘normal’ (I forget the actual terms used in the car) and boom! the car said I could update to 8.3 toot sweet.
I suspect I’ll have to live with that version for a while since I hear that 12.5 is strictly for Yanks so us Canucks will have to wait it out.
No, I just got 8.3 as well on the new X long range plus. I guess it has to go through several updates.