Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was just told that AP 2.0 won't get FSD.

If your HW2.0 & already paid for FSD won't be supported, which solution do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How?

Did I miss something? I haven't seen anything from Tesla that clarifies what they're going to do about AP2 owners that have FSD.

So aside from owning FSD for years without anything to show for it there isn't anything to be pissed about. One piss should rule them all. :p

I'll be sure to drink extra water to get full mileage out of the one effort then.

When 3 months probably, 6 months definitely turns into a 3-year cfook, there is a strong possibility that the handwriting is on the wall for we AP2.0 owners.

Only way I consider I'll be made whole from this is with an MCU upgrade and camera swaps as necessary (along with the board swap and whatever software comes with). I've seen this movie too many times before to think that there's a 51% likelihood of that.

Note I'm not averse to paying for the MCU upgrade and camera swaps, btw. Elon said there'd be an MCU upgrade path. It's not a trivial upgrade, however, so it even being possible isn't a done deal in my mind.

We shall see. Now that included supercharging is back yet again (bait, meet switch) as the predicted demand lever that it is, perhaps that means there will be an interesting October surprise after all. Despite the recent news of no refresh coming.

Hey, it could happen. Maybe a dual announcement - half vehicle news, half solar.

What is this thread? HW2.0 is FSD capable.
How would anyone know? HW2.0 has different color filters and a slightly different radar than HW2.5. And maybe HW2.5 isn't even FSD capable. Maybe the HW3.0 computer isn't even FSD capable, depending on how you define FSD. Hard to know since FSD doesn't exist yet.

Last edited:
How would anyone know? HW2.0 has different color filters and a slightly different radar than HW2.5. And maybe HW2.5 isn't even FSD capable. Maybe the HW3.0 computer isn't even FSD capable, depending on how you define FSD. Hard to know since FSD doesn't exist yet..

We are also missing the redundant wiring, steering servo and eFuse on 2.0, but yah, the site has a much much different verbiage for FSD today then they sold us in 2016 - 2017.

Because Tesla and Elon said and are saying so. They are the experts

This is what he tweeted:

"Anyone who bought FSD will get it"

If you sealed the deal and paid the money up for FSD, you are all set. Notice that the keyword here is "bought".

But this thread is about for those who haven't "bought" FSD but now want to buy it.

The money was not paid, the deal was not sealed and the money is still there begging Tesla to take it!

This is what he tweeted:

If you sealed the deal and paid the money up for FSD, you are all set. Notice that the keyword here is "bought".

But this thread is about for those who haven't "bought" FSD but now want to buy it.

The money was not paid, the deal was not sealed and the money is still there begging Tesla to take it!

I am personally fine with that. I took the bite in March with that deal that was on for a couple of weeks

This is what he tweeted:

The deal was sealed when we bought our cars. We were told the cars we were buying had all the hardware for FSD and that we could upgrade when and if we wanted. It’s bad enough we had to wait over a year for functional AP. They better not screw us on this. Elon is a ruthless bastard.