TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Was the C&D review of the Bolt pointing at Tesla when speaking of Range?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by 22522, Nov 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 22522

22522 Active Member

When reading the review of the Bolt, a question for Tesla owners came to mind: Do Tesla's exhibit the software arrogance common to product from the west coast?

I don't know root cause,... maybe the economic disparity among the trades, software being one, replicates the Stanford Prison Guard Experiment?

Specifically: The Bolt appears to display range ambiguity better than some other cars. Were they referring to Tesla as the other?

GM may be trying to differentiate as 'cooperative same side of the table as the customer' when it comes to software, consistent with their current television advertisements. Is there an empty seat on that customer side of the table when it comes to Tesla software user interfaces?

2. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

It could be for other EVs... supposedly the Nissan Leaf range estimation is really bad.

• Helpful x 1
  3. 22522

22522 Active Member

Thanks. Somehow I forgot about the LEAF.

4. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

I've got no idea what you are talking about.

• Like x 1
  5. Boourns

Boourns Member

On the LEAF forum it is referred to as the "GOM" -- Guess-o-meter.

• Funny x 1
  6. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Might as well just blame it on Shockley.

7. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

It was in our first year car. My wife would call in a panic often when we first got it because the consumption was worse on her commute into work and it would display a range remaining estimate that would barely make it home. But it always did with plenty of range to spare. The range estimator on a Leaf could vary wildly from minute to minute based on how you were driving or the terrain on which you were driving.

• Like x 1