Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was the performance plus model originally offered without the air suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know you must now order Tech and Air Suspension for the Performance Plus, but did they offer the conventional non-air suspension with the "plus" package originally? It seems like they would not since they would have developed the non-air suspension for the plus model for nothing if they no longer offer it that way now. Any insight?

I believe standard suspension was never offered with the + package

I hope you are right. I have seen conflicting info about it, but I am thinking the reason is that the air suspension used to be standard on the P85 models and so when they first came out with the Plus option it did not need to signify that it had air suspension. If anyone else has any insight please chime in.

I hope you are right. I have seen conflicting info about it, but I am thinking the reason is that the air suspension used to be standard on the P85 models and so when they first came out with the Plus option it did not need to signify that it had air suspension. If anyone else has any insight please chime in.

I've got a screenshot of the old configuration page and part of ordering a P85 was that it came with Air as an included option and you couldn't interact with check box. I do know of a few loaners that were P85s that did have the standard suspension though so Tesla could build them that way before they separated the options from the bundles.

Ok, thanks. The "plus" version of the P85 is the one I am specifically asking about. I know that on a window sticker I located for a early signature of founders model it listed the active air suspension on the options side of the window sticker but just said "included" after it instead of breaking out a price. I am not sure if that is something they changed later on so that the models that have The P85 or the performance plus package do not show the air suspension at all on the window sticker optional equipment, but they still included it.

Just to put your mind at ease I'm 99% sure standard suspension was never offered with the +.
I browsed their build site often configuring and dreaming of my future model s ( :) ) and I don't remember being able to not select air as it would automatically be checked when selecting the + option

Thanks to you both. I think the confusion came because Tesla has made so many changes over the last 10-11 months in regards to options, pricing, etc.
Also one of the moderators here made a post that seemed to indicate there was both a Performance Plus with Coil Suspension and Performance Plus with Air Suspension, so I was concerned.