Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was the refreshed MSLR only tested in warm weather climates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd swear that the refreshed MSLR was only tested in warm weather climates. Since taking delivery 60 days ago, almost every time that I drive any significant distance in snow/sleet it's a disappointing experience that shouldn't be tolerated in a $30k car, much less a $100k car.

Today in light snow it was the usual alerts of drivers & parking aids not being available due to weather conditions (even though our older Acura following same route had no assist issues), window fully covered with water/slush but auto wipers won't come on, nothing on window but wipers then come on high speed & won't stop requiring manual turn off, the windshield wiper shuddering over the window despite the wiper warmer being on, large portion of the passenger window that won't get clean with washers, cool draft in foot well, and a bouncy ride over potholes that gets my wife queasy on bad roads.

In warmer weather, even in rain, it does pretty well which makes me think there either wasn't much winter testing or they don't care. Meh.

Definitely not my experience. I have over 10,000 kM 6300 mi of Ontario winter on mine. Any sensor issues were always a totally slush covered bumper. For sure, the auto setting on the wipers leaves one wondering sometimes but the car was warm and I kept suspension on medium and the ride was/is better than my prior M540.