Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was worried about MSM color choice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hardest decision I had when ordering my Model Y was the color. In particular, I saw versions of MSM I loved and others that looked flat/boring gray.

I couldn't be happier with MSM now that I have it home. 95% of the time it has a beautiful blue hue and is much richer/deeper in person. I will say that it looks better when cleaned and can look a little flat in the wrong light. Overall every Y color has their perks for me but my worries regarding this color were unnecessary.

Thanks to everyone here. You have and continue to be extremely helpful!

PS..... I let myself get talked out of the white interior. Black is nice but if you still have the chance, order it!

Tesla Driveway.jpg

The hardest decision I had when ordering my Model Y was the color. In particular, I saw versions of MSM I loved and others that looked flat/boring gray.

I couldn't be happier with MSM now that I have it home. 95% of the time it has a beautiful blue hue and is much richer/deeper in person. I will say that it looks better when cleaned and can look a little flat in the wrong light. Overall every Y color has their perks for me but my worries regarding this color were unnecessary.

PS..... I let myself get talked out of the white interior. Black is nice but if you still have the chance, order it!

View attachment 595750

I have a MSM on order. I was on the fence between MSM and blue but my wife pushed me to MSM. I ruled out the other 3 colors - I was concerned about the numerous mismatched white color complaints, black shows swirls and dirt easily and I don't like the red enough to justify the premium cost. Looking forward to getting my MY by November. The wheels look great. What application did you use to paint them black?

Reactions: angus[Y]oung

View attachment 595750
Congrats! I have it on my MS. On a sunny day take a close picture of the paint then zoom into your photo. Gave me a deep appreciation for the color and Tesla's off-maligned paint which I haven't seen matched in other similar paint.

View attachment 595750
Sorry you did not get the white interior. It’s stunning. The exterior color is beautiful. Enjoy.

View attachment 595750

I got really really lucky in March. I had a white performance model on order but no VIN available - sold out and factory closed. So ordered a red one. Still no VIN. So thought well I’ll try for MSM. Had an immediate VIN match and they shipped it to me from KC to STL. Had it less than 72 hours after online order. I could not be happier or lucky. The MSM looks just fantastic. Even the Tesla sales folks were saying MDM was the best look for the performance M Y.

I got really really lucky in March. I had a white performance model on order but no VIN available - sold out and factory closed. So ordered a red one. Still no VIN. So thought well I’ll try for MSM. Had an immediate VIN match and they shipped it to me from KC to STL. Had it less than 72 hours after online order. I could not be happier or lucky. The MSM looks just fantastic. Even the Tesla sales folks were saying MDM was the best look for the performance M Y.
*MSM

I concur that the MY performance looks the best in MSM. Those red calipers are great accents to the grey. I saw a grey performance next to the white at the Tesla center up close and it just blows the white out of the water. White looks plain. I really want to like the blue but it’s just too dark for my liking even in direct sunlight. In the end, I went with MSM.