Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was your delivery date accurate?

Was your delivery on time?

• Yes

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • Delayed

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Delayed multiple times

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters

thebeezknez

Aug 9, 2016
Las vegas
Just wanted to get a feel of how many orders were delayed , how many on time.
My date is Sept 26th and hope it comes on time so I can drop off immediately to get it wrapped with clear ppf.

Reactions: umair239

navinsiri

Jan 16, 2017
Central NJ
All four cars have been on time. Hopefully yours is too but regardless your detailer should be flexible with timing especially if they deal with tesla all the time.

Thunder7ga

May 20, 2018
Johns Creek, GA
Mine was scheduled for July 18 and all was good until the night before. They had to delay it 1day as the car was being transported to the SC on the 18th and they still needed time to inspect and prep. All was fine and delivered on the 19th.

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
For a couple of reasons, my delivery was about a week before it was going to be scheduled.

A friend found my car on the lot when his S was being serviced. An email or two later and I drive it home the next day!

jgrgnt

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2016
Orange County, CA
Ordered August 4th. Home-delivered on August 15th, as promised. Technically, the delivery was early since they told me 8am, but the Tesla rep rang the bell at 7:55am.

My delivery estimate was "October - December".

Reactions: tpham07

GeekGirls

Kid in Candy Store
Dec 30, 2012
Seattle
While our specific delivery date was delayed twice, the first specific date range was Sept-Nov and both the delayed delivery dates were originally in August. So we still received the vehicle on the early end of estimates.

tom_1983

Sep 11, 2018
Montreal, QC
You are missing a poll option for delivery was earlier than the date. I was given September 17 as my delivery date then on September 1 they emailed me said it arrived in Toronto early and I picked it up on the 4th so basically 2 weeks early.

Megatron3

Sep 16, 2018
Salt Lake City. UT
I was told Sept 1st. Then Sept 8th. Then Sept 15th. Then Sept 20th. Then Sept 22nd. And now it's indefinite because Union Pacific isn't releasing the load of cars to the Salt Lake Service Center and they don't know when they will. My car has been here for over a week... I can physically see it at the Railyard with my own eyes. But I can't have it.
Yup. I'm pissed.

cddirks

Sep 16, 2018
KC
I was told Sept 1st. Then Sept 8th. Then Sept 15th. Then Sept 20th. Then Sept 22nd. And now it's indefinite because Union Pacific isn't releasing the load of cars to the Salt Lake Service Center and they don't know when they will. My car has been here for over a week... I can physically see it at the Railyard with my own eyes. But I can't have it.
Yup. I'm pissed.
>>
sure sounds like a really effective way for Union Pacific to require payment from Tesla.....

Marsnaut

Apr 7, 2016
NYC
My initial delivery was on a Friday I believe but then they pushed it to the next Friday. However, they were able to get it to my by the next Wednesday, so 5 days late. No complaints though as they were very professional about it and told me they were fixing a minor issue (and even outperformed their estimate).

PhaseWhite

Aug 12, 2017
Minneapolis,MN
I was emailed Yesterday by a "Delivery Scheduling Advisor" who scheduled my delivery for 9/24, and I also received an email from a second "Inside Delivery Advisor" this morning at 8AM confirming my appointment.

Then only 10 hours later as I was arriving home from work I got the call from another delivery advisor letting me know that my delivery will be delayed to 9/27.

They are really in disarray right now if they can confirm an appointment and within a day it needs to be rescheduled. This is for a P3D order placed 6/30, and a vin in the 60 thousands, so I'm kind of assuming my car has just been sitting in a lot somewhere for a month already.

I told the delivery advisor if they don't deliver it by 9/27 I'll be out of the country on business so they will miss my sale in Q3.

Gouldness

Lurker
Nov 4, 2016
tampa
No option for earlier?

Mine was a week earlier once in the home stretch.

0-2 months earlier if you consider the vague (sept-November) guidelines upon placing the $2500 deposit.

• Love
Reactions: ℬête Noire

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC