Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washing Car w/Ceramic Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put a ceramic coating on my Performance 3, and am really happy with it. But I still want to do a little more than just hose it off. As good as it is, some dirt will stay on it with the garden hose, particularly nearer the bottom of the car. I was thinking about getting a Sun Joe electric pressure washer because I like the way you can mix in a car cleansing mix while washing the car. Quick question for the group is whether it is OK to pressure wash a car with ceramic on it? Thanks

We have a Sun Joe and we use it all the time. Both of our cars have ceramic coating and the pressure wash combined with the soap dispenser has worked quite well. That is what the company that installed the coating recommended. We use a hot air blower to dry so that we don’t have to rub towels on the car.

I got this one and it likely will work like the video for you if your ceramic coated.

I'd caution those without ceramic coating or some other treatment that the $280 is better spent on a treatment. My car has not been treated with anything yet so it only really effective in spots where water beads vs sheeting. I going to fork out for the ceramic coating over the holidays.. maybe.

Thanks for all the replies. Interested to hear what kind of air dryer you use. For the poster’s question on ceramic, I used Tint World in Cary NC and they did a great job.

What product do they use, do you know? And did you get ppf there as well, or just the ceramic?

And if you don't mind sharing, can you provide what it cost? I have a Tint World in my area and I'm considering using them as well.

My car detailer recommended not using this product unless the car is wrapped. They did not recommend the product for Ceramic Pro or non-treated cars due to potential scratching and swirls.

I would venture to guess that your detailer is not a Certified Detailer with The IDA, because that advice is absolutely wrong, and goes against our industry standard for caring for vehicle paint finishes.

What product do they use, do you know? And did you get ppf there as well, or just the ceramic?

And if you don't mind sharing, can you provide what it cost? I have a Tint World in my area and I'm considering using them as well.
I think it was called 9H nano ceramic coating and I did a PPF as well on the front of the car. Also did tint as well on all windows, including glass roof, except for front windshield. Total was about $2500