Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washing the damn thing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping I would be able to bring CT through an automatic “traditional / non touchless” car wash. I was under the impression 304 hard rolled SS would be difficult to scratch. Any best guesses if my logic is flawed?

It will probably be fine in the automatic car wash, but the problem is going to be that it'll either be too wide, too tall or too heavy for most of the automatic machines (the ones that push your car through). Plus, most car washes I've seen have a strict "no pickup truck" policy because the machine doesn't know how to handle the bed.

• Informative
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
It will probably be fine in the automatic car wash, but the problem is going to be that it'll either be too wide, too tall or too heavy for most of the automatic machines (the ones that push your car through). Plus, most car washes I've seen have a strict "no pickup truck" policy because the machine doesn't know how to handle the bed.

This is super helpful. I have never owned a pickup before and I’ve never wanted to until I the CT was released. Maybe I’ll get lucky and find a car wash that allows trucks .

I can see this in my future :D works wonder on all clad stainless

baarKeeper.jpg