Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washing the MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured its easier to just ask than read the manual. so if this is addressed in the owners manual, thank you for answering my question

So I washed the car for the first time since I got it. because I have to move around getting suds, getting the power washer, rinsing my rags, etc, the car kept locking and unlocking (key is in my pocket). so to avoid this I left the key on the dashboard.

I live in a pretty *safe* neighborhood but there is just something about leaving the keys in the car. Is there a way I can temporarily disable to lockng and unlocking of the car while Im washing it and not have to keep the key in proximity?

Thanks

As far as washing my X. I use a two bucket system. Have a microfiber mitt on a long pole. Can soap up the car in about 2 minutes. Makes it easy to reach the center ot the top from either side. Saves a ton of time. Can was it myself faster than taking it to the car wash.

Before getting the pole I used to lower the suspension to make reaching the top easier, then raise it up again to make drying it easier on my back.

Good suggestions. Ill see how far I can keep the key fob before it locks.

I use a foam cannon first before I use a mitt. 2 bucket method of course. Then a cordless leaf blower. Finally 470 gsm edgeless microfiber towels

Just gave the X it's first really good bath. I'll try the lowering thing next time. I used a stool to reach the top. Bad combination, leaning and wet soapy stool.

Used a new product to me, MEGUIARS Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Really easy to apply and just hose it off, blow (leaf blower) and wipe dry. Looks like I hand waxed it for hours! If it lasts at least a couple months it will be well worth the $$$

Reactions: z168