Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washing underneath

D.E.

Uncorked
Oct 12, 2016
Ann Arbor, MI
I now live in a snow state, lots of salt slush on the roads. We're also on a dirt road.

I'd like to wash the salt slush and the mud off the underside of the car fairly frequently. I'm thinking of a garden sprinkler and sliding it under the car to wash underneath. Is there a better idea?

f3honda4me

Feb 22, 2018
Colgate, WI
I don’t think the battery pack is completely water tight based on a thread here where the car was salvaged due to water damage submerged and it definitely got into the battery. But a car wash shouldn’t cause an issue.

Electricious

Feb 17, 2018
Alpine, NJ
I don’t think the battery pack is completely water tight based on a thread here where the car was salvaged due to water damage submerged and it definitely got into the battery. But a car wash shouldn’t cause an issue.

How about the motor components? Would the warranty be honored for water damage to the motor?

SSonnentag

Rocket Scientist
Apr 11, 2017
Arizona
Driving in the rain on wet roads puts water just about everywhere imaginable. I'd feel safe driving through car washes or parking over sprinklers.

Reactions: f3honda4me

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC