Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washing -what do you use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam plus a foam cannon (2 oz per wash) for the pressure washer pre-soak.

Meguiar's Hyper-Wash (1 oz per 5 gal of water) for the bucket and mit wash.

Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner diluted 10:1 for cleaning interior surfaces.

On the surface, they might seem expensive, but when you consider the dilution factor, they are not that expensive per wash. The Snow Foam is about 60 cents per wash. The Hyper-Wash is about 25 cents per wash.

Reactions: Nanskie15
AmmoNYC products for washing, interior glass cleaning, tyre dressing, carpet cleaning.

Manett’s Gloss Sauce for topping up the ceramic coated PPF.

RainX glass cleaner for exterior glass.

303 Automotive uV protectant for exterior and interior trim.

Seats are ceramic coated so they just get wiped down with a damp cloth.

Okay so make sure the soap has no PH, got it. I did not know this thank you everyone. I have a pressure washer. I will look at all these suggestions.
Every soap has a pH. It just needs to be neutral because acidic soaps eat away at wax and coatings. Snow foam is used to gently lift away dirt and debris so you don’t rub it into the paint. If you just start rubbing the paint before foaming you are essentially using sandpaper on your paint. After the snow foam runs off gently rinse (no pressure needed) and then start off with the two-bucket method. Start at the top and work your way down to the bottom (half way down doors and below). Never go bottom to top as the bottom of the car is always dirtier. Personally I use one towel on the top and another on the bottom. Use clean microfiber towels.

Any shortcuts such as waterless wash or washing without snow foam will result in paint damage. You may not notice it right away, but put a light up to your paint and you will see scratches everywhere. And if your car is black it will be very noticeable, even without a light.

I have both Chemical Guys honeydew snow foam, and Adams Ultra Foam soap, and use them with my SPX3000 washer.

I don't really have a preference as to which one to use, but I have noticed on my cars that the Chemical Guys soap requires less work (less washing with a mitt) as the soap alone sprayed onto the car with a foam cannon & pressure washer will knock off a lot more dirt than the Adams Ultra Foam does. That said, I also notice my that car is more shiny looking after drying it when I use the Adams Ultra Foam soap over the Chemical Guys soap, so I don't mind using my microfiber mitt on my Model Y to get the dirt off, and having a shinier looking car when I'm done. That's just my personal experience from using both.

Because of that, I use the Adams Ultra Foam on my Model Y, and I use the Chemical Guys snow foam on my other SUV. As for smell between the 2 soaps, there's no comparison.... Chemical Guys honeydew is probably the best smelling soap out there.

My list for a nonrinse wash thats apartment parking garage friendly:

ONRWW
Opti-seal (great for helping to dry the car)
Big red sponge
Bug scrubber sponge
Tire gel (not glossy enough for me)
Tire sponge
Spray bottles (I keep ONR with a quick detailing ratio in these. I find it works well getting bugs off, especially with PPF installed)
Squeegee
Invisible glass (the best)
Glass Towels
Microfiber towels (for quick wipe downs)
Drying towels
Collapsible Bucket (2 gallons of distilled water + ONR and its good to go)

Plain water. No coatings or wax anywhere. Get it wet, lightly wipe off dirt with a clean wet microfiber towel (takes about 4), then dry with a chamois.

I'm taking a stand against all the snake oil "coatings."

It would be wasted anyway, this car will see so much time in the woods getting the crap beat out of it, just like our last Subaru. After 5 years, no panel gets a break, scuffs and bumps everywhere.

Already, after 2 months the dogs in the way back have scratched every piece of plastic, it's like the inside of a dog kennel. Speaker grills are holding up great.

Just offering a different take on car care.

If I'm doing a full wash, I'm using meguiars gold class car wash soap with foam cannon, using gary dean no bucket method. If doing rinseless wash (which in the winter is most of the time, or even in the summer for in between washes), its Mckees n-914 (basically ONR), presoak using garden pump sprayer, and wiped down with dampened n-914 microfiber with gary dean no bucket method.

For paint sealant, I'm using turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray coating, double coating, every 6 months.

For interior, just a little bit of simple green, and every once in a while a coating of aerospace 303.

Chemical guys max suds
Chemical guys butter wax
Chemical guys hydro clean detailer

Car is PPF Color wrap by Precision One Design in Torrance.

This wrap is a deeper gloss black and with the above combination maintenance upkeep from chemical guys this thing is a driving wet, mirror like finish.

6AFBDA3D-A0AF-4EA9-932C-31E887E70220.jpeg