TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Washington DC sales and service center

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by xcelero.ii, Jul 28, 2009.

1. xcelero.ii

xcelero.ii Push Start Go

So far we know it's opening this Fall but not much else. Has anyone gotten any more information about the store and it's possible location? Currently, the New York store is servicing this area.

2. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Washington Business Journal: Tesla Motors plans D.C. showroom

4. BBHighway

BBHighway Member

It's about time! I hope to find out more about this on the 24th.

5. Seneca_Chicago

Seneca_Chicago Sales Advisor

If anyone needs to contact the Regional Sales Manager in the D.C. area, please PM me and I will put you in touch.

6. xcelero.ii

xcelero.ii Push Start Go

Update

Just to update anyone following this thread, the DC Sales and Service center location has been picked and as I understand is being finalized.

No word on exactly where it is but it has been mentioned that it'll be somewhere on F Street NW, near the Verizon Center. They were shooting to have it ready by December but it now looks like late January or even early February.

We also have face to put to our DC store, and that would be, Tari Cash, our DC regional sales manager (her photo below).

(via: Telsa Rally DC)

Exciting things happening here!

Attached Files:

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Electric carmaker Tesla to open D.C. store

8. SteveTheTech

SteveTheTech Member

http://www.1050kstreet.com/

It does not look like there is enough space for a car dealer even a boutique dealer with a service area.

9. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Tesla Motors and SpaceX celebrate together...

Tesla Motors and SpaceX Host a Night of American Innovation

Tesla opens new EV showroom as SpaceX celebrates historic flight of the Dragon spacecraft

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors and Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (known as SpaceX) are hosting a celebration of American Innovation on Feb. 10. The event marks the opening of Tesla’s first showroom in the nation’s capital and honors the historic flight of SpaceX’s Dragon, the first commercial spacecraft to successfully return from orbit.
    This was taken from a press release on 2/10/11

This is the first time both companies’ technologies have been displayed together, including the iconic Tesla Roadster, the forthcoming Model S sedan, and the Dragon spacecraft. Members of Congress and D.C. stakeholders are invited to the new showroom to view and learn about these advancements.

The full release could be found here:Tesla-Motors-SpaceX-Host-Night-American-Innovation

10. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

^^ That one looks like it belongs to these guys:

[​IMG]

11. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

(guys/gals...)

12. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

America, F*** YEAH!!! :)

13. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Assembled in the UK with French carbon fibre panels, Japanese batteries and a Taiwanese motor :tongue:

14. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

So I wonder how much of the building they're using. The bottom two floors? I'll have to check it out the next time I visit my home town.

15. Seneca_Chicago

Seneca_Chicago Sales Advisor

David, the motor is made in Palo Alto now!

16. SteveTheTech

SteveTheTech Member

#17 SteveTheTech, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    smilielol.gif

That really is one of the funniest/geekiest things I have seen in some time.

I have a Google alert for this exact topic. I have seen some interesting things this past week. Nothing from Tesla officially, but they appear to have opened the showroom. (The link for the building is below) There is no space listed to Tesla, and the ground floor (logical place for a car dealer right?) does not appear A) leased and B) big enough for a full service dealer.
    There was an article in the Washington City Paper (below) that mentioned opening the location but did not elaborate further on specifics of the opening, and only had an image of the SpaceX craft. I didn't think the story was that credible, but an interesting read.

I would hope that the first dealer in the nations' capitol would attract a little more fanfare than than a small blog post.

http://www.1050kstreet.com/- same link as posted above
    http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/housingcomplex/2011/02/09/tesla-has-landed/

I have been actively stalking a position with them for months.

17. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

18. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I double posted links to the same picture two different ways.
    I had some bad luck in the past with YFROG embedded links going dead, so I tried it both ways.
    Seems it was a good idea as one of them stopped working already.
    Someone could download the picture, and re-upload it to here, but I tend not to do that because:
    #1: The original image poster would retain the ability to disable / remove their image if they ever wanted.
    #2: It probably costs the site owners some of their monthly bandwidth budget to host images, so it is more friendly to post a link to another site that has more unlimited bandwidth.