TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Washington Post reviews the Roadster

Discussion in 'News' started by doug, Jan 25, 2009.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Warren Brown - A Jaw-Dropping Ride, Batteries Included - washingtonpost.com

A very positive review from the Washington post with an associated video. I have a few issues with it. The author starts with a geometry/physics lesson that's slightly off. In the video, the reviewer doesn't quite connect the charging cable properly, but no matter. The video is shot in one of the nicer DC suburbs, on a sunny winter day.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#2 TEG, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    I don't think we have to say "gasoline-engine equivalent" for HP and torque... They are what they are either way. Perhaps this "equivalent" phrase got used because of the talk of "miles per gallon equivalent" which does make sense because BEVs don't store gallons (of gasoline).

If true it would look (and handle) at lot more like the Aptera. The Roadster was built to be very sporty and sports car stylish as well. It was built to take on sexy street legal supercars, not be the ultimate in efficiency or top speed.

I think policy is test drives only for depositors (and selected press), so I hope he doesn't disappoint some that flock to Menlo Park only to be given a "look don't touch" experience.

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Yeah, the guy didn't appear to quite know what he was talking about. But he seemed to like the car anyways.

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#4 TEG, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I like his driver's seat commentary more than the printed article.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

It looks orange.