Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington Post Tesla Fire hit piece

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also I expect this FUD is far more damaging than people think. A year ago I was waiting in the lobby of the window tinting shop and the guy next to me had just bought his wife a nice safe Volvo. He never even considered a Tesla cause he had heard they burn so often.

Also I expect this FUD is far more damaging than people think. A year ago I was waiting in the lobby of the window tinting shop and the guy next to me had just bought his wife a nice safe Volvo. He never even considered a Tesla cause he had heard they burn so often.
But how many people actually purchase cars based off something they heard, rather than doing the research themselves. Can’t be too many

I guess there´s more to the story.
If You read the other news sites, his wive said he made a U-Turn, the opposite street he approached clearly looks raised, in addition to the curb next to the car seeming severely damaged/scraped. Furthermore the guy himself stated he heard a sound like a "gearshift screech", that to me sounds he either scraped the battery pack by going "uphill" or hit the curb (which then maybe broke the control arm etc.). This also doesn´t look like a battery fire, but a coolant one, plus it seemed only on the passenger side. The iphone clip seemed like firemen had no issue putting it out.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-28 um 18.43.16.jpg

Tone down the FUD paranoia just a bit. I seriously doubt the Washington Post has a secret cadre of editors sending out reporters to publish hit pieces on Tesla.

A burning Tesla with video on the internet makes for an easy and visual piece. It's a fact it occurred. It's not a fact that everyone is out to "get you" as a Tesla owner or investor.

Something to consider as well. Mr. Musk makes himself an endlessly welcome target. He tweets incessantly, says stupid and combative things all the time (I'm insulted ! Tim Cook wouldn't take a meeting with me !). So the company often reaps what HE sows.

Tone down the FUD paranoia just a bit. I seriously doubt the Washington Post has a secret cadre of editors sending out reporters to publish hit pieces on Tesla.

A burning Tesla with video on the internet makes for an easy and visual piece. It's a fact it occurred. It's not a fact that everyone is out to "get you" as a Tesla owner or investor.

Something to consider as well. Mr. Musk makes himself an endlessly welcome target. He tweets incessantly, says stupid and combative things all the time (I'm insulted ! Tim Cook wouldn't take a meeting with me !). So the company often reaps what HE sows.

The headline sounds kinda dramatic to me.

A Tesla Model S erupted ‘like a flamethrower.’ It renewed old safety concerns about the trailblaz...

it seems most of his Tesla articles are to the negative.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/faiz-siddiqui/