TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Washington Square - Charging

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by SCW-Greg, Jul 22, 2012.

1. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

#1 SCW-Greg, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    Here are some pics of the Tesla charging location at Washington Square, Portland OR. Twin 100Amp 600VAC max capability...

Nice digs...
    IMG_4196m.jpg

Replete with its own transformer...
    IMG_1384m.jpg

IMG_4198m.jpg

IMG_4199m.jpg

IMG_1383m.jpg

IMG_1382m.jpg

This garage is a little more private/obscure, west side of the Mall, sort of below ground, just North of the outside entrance to Nordstroms. Saw an Audi R8 and few other nice cars parked here...
    IMG_1333m.jpg

2. richkae

richkae VIN587

100 amps 600 volts.
    Nice find.
    I hope that the supercharger gets installed in Portland before Bellevue. I'll never need the Bellevue one, but I plan to use the Portland one a lot.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Um, er. It looks to me like those are just standard 208/240V Roadster HPCs.
    The 600v is probably just max rated voltage for the cut off switch.

4. Thumper

Thumper Member

I was told that Washington Square will have 2 100 amp 220v service charger with a new Model S connector. These will be in the present location and will be reserved parking and free charging for Teslas.

5. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Oh good catch TEG. You're right. (I updated the post to show capability)

And from Thumper...
    "I was told that Washington Square will have 2 100 amp 220v service charger with a new Model S connector. These will be in the present location and will be reserved parking and free charging for Teslas."

6. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Richkae, we'll be doing the exact opposite when we come up and visit family... hitting the Bellevue store!

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'll need the Portland system at the end of August (and one time at the Bellevue). Hope the Roadster connector stays!

8. richkae

richkae VIN587

Darn. Got overexcited for future supercharging.