Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
I thought I would start a thread for Washingtonians who ordered, waiting or took delivery of the newly refreshed Plaid or LR MS. Different parts of the county have vastly different “waiting” times, logistical issues and allocations; hence why this thread is WA specific.

I ordered a White on black/wood 19” wheels MS Plaid, w/FSD yesterday. At the time of ordering, estimated delivery was “Sept/Oct”. I say “was” because today it’s January. Tomorrow, who knows… I will be taking delivery at the Renton DC/SC.

This is the place to share your “Fremont to WA” flow time and overall experience.

If you already have your new ride, please tell us about the experience and how long it took, from order to delivery. Any issues with it?

Last edited:
I ordered in March before the Spokane delivery location was even open. Had 4-11 weeks. Naively had waited until March to order not knowing the 4-11 weeks was a joke. But the white interior and 19 wheels on my order basically makes no difference. I have never been contacted by Tesla. Currently blank. Thinking about a downgrade to a Y, not sure I want to spend 100k on something this poorly communicated and half baked… Taking it day by day. First world problems…

Reactions: wipster and jebinc
I ordered in March before the Spokane delivery location was even open. Had 4-11 weeks. Naively had waited until March to order not knowing the 4-11 weeks was a joke. But the white interior and 19 wheels on my order basically makes no difference. I have never been contacted by Tesla. Currently blank. Thinking about a downgrade to a Y, not sure I want to spend 100k on something this poorly communicated and half baked… Taking it day by day. First world problems…
I had similar thoughts. Maybe a MY performance or X Plaid. Then I looked into delivery dates. Same BS and no inventory to be had. So, I will spend a day or so more contemplating my next move. I did reach out to a few Tesla contacts, and expect a response or two tomorrow when they are back at work. Best of luck and keep us all current!

October waiting list here, White/white LR with 19”s. Everyday it will get closer my friends, patients……Damn I want this car now! LoL 😂
+1 on the config (more in signature). Good choice!

I stopped by Bellevue Delivery Center on Sat and took a brief look at an “in service” MSM refreshed S (with 21’’ apparently). Looked great!

The guy at reception told me:
1. 21’’ comes faster than 19’’. Sure.
2. My car has “nothing” annotated in their backend view - no “production planning”, nothing.
3. His guess is “maybe a Sept delivery”. Will see.

Stay strong team!

Checked out a local SC for inventory this morning.... What I found can be read here.

Reactions: Buggybug
I posted this in another place but will keep this one up to date. We're in Battle Ground WA. Our delivery will be thru the Portland SC.

Original post (Sat): My 19" Plaid just updated to this Estimated Delivery: August 05 - August 19

Updated Monday to Estimated Delivery: August 04 - August 17

Updated Aug 3:Estimated Delivery: August 05 - August 17 moved back a day

I wonder if this means our car is at the SC and they are doing final delivery check offs.

We were a Plaid + conversion, orginally placed Sept last year. FSD but no CF. I'll try to do a Portland SC drive by and check out the lot for any 19' deliveries.

Reactions: jebinc
I posted this in another place but will keep this one up to date. We're in Battle Ground WA. Our delivery will be thru the Portland SC.

Original post (Sat): My 19" Plaid just updated to this Estimated Delivery: August 05 - August 19

Updated Monday to Estimated Delivery: August 04 - August 17

Updated Aug 3:Estimated Delivery: August 05 - August 17 moved back a day

I wonder if this means our car is at the SC and they are doing final delivery check offs.

We were a Plaid + conversion, orginally placed Sept last year. FSD but no CF. I'll try to do a Portland SC drive by and check out the lot for any 19' deliveries.
Thanks for checking the lot for 19s!

I’m a Plaid+ convert here initially had MSM on white interior and CF trim and 21” wheels then when I converted I change to white on white w cf trim and 21” with fsd as well. I did the conversion on June 11 after a phone call from SA about converting. Blank for a few weeks then it said July but by the end of June it disappeared and it’s been like that since. Delivery would be from Renton SC

I'm near the Portland OR SC. Asked yesterday about my car. e.g. when I'll get notification of anything like car is in production, in transit, delivered etc. Advisor indicated no 19's have been delivered to the Portland/Vancouver area yet. He says that they will contact us when they get notification that the car is shipping from Fremont. We saw our first live Plaid on Monday. Was really flying on SR14! Can't wait for ours! We are hoping to do a drive by Fri or Sat and see if there are any 19's on the lot.

I'm near the Portland OR SC. Asked yesterday about my car. e.g. when I'll get notification of anything like car is in production, in transit, delivered etc. Advisor indicated no 19's have been delivered to the Portland/Vancouver area yet. He says that they will contact us when they get notification that the car is shipping from Fremont. We saw our first live Plaid on Monday. Was really flying on SR14! Can't wait for ours! We are hoping to do a drive by Fri or Sat and see if there are any 19's on the lot.
Keep us current! Did they offer any more info about the 19s, timing or what’s driving the drought?

+1 on the config (more in signature). Good choice!

I stopped by Bellevue Delivery Center on Sat and took a brief look at an “in service” MSM refreshed S (with 21’’ apparently). Looked great!

The guy at reception told me:
1. 21’’ comes faster than 19’’. Sure.
2. My car has “nothing” annotated in their backend view - no “production planning”, nothing.
3. His guess is “maybe a Sept delivery”. Will see.

Stay strong team!
Where is the Bellevue delivery center - in the mall? The guy I am working with is based out of Portland OR, but I am in Bellevue

Where is the Bellevue delivery center - in the mall? The guy I am working with is based out of Portland OR, but I am in Bellevue
No, not in the mall; that's just a showroom. Just an old dealership like building on 20th Ave, I think. Same as Renton (my currently) location. Took deliver of my 3 in Bellevue back in 2019. Was a very smooth and quick process. In and out in under a half hour! Try that at an ICE Stealership!

Reactions: wipster
No, not in the mall; that's just a showroom. Just an old dealership like building on 20th Ave, I think. Same as Renton (my currently) location. Took deliver of my 3 in Bellevue back in 2019. Was a very smooth and quick process. In and out in under a half hour! Try that at an ICE Stealership!
Is there any value me dropping by to get more info? How do I work out what my "location" is? Like I mentioned, the only contact I have is with the guy in Portland, does that mean my location is there? Would seem odd?