Thanks for all the info. Good reading!I dropped by one of the Tesla stores this weekend to get some clarification on the overall process. Here's what I got (which may or may not clarify some questions):
A. Delivery Related
1. There are some Tesla locations that only do at-home deliveries. For example, the one at the Bellevue Square apparently does deliveries there but the one in north Bellevue/ south Redmond only performs at-home deliveries. Not sure if people are able to select a delivery option once their VIN is assigned but this doesn't seem to be the case.
2. The rep stated that payment must be confirmed before they can bring the car to the house. This is strange because you have a choice of doing a Cashier's check or a bank transfer, the latter which can be completed prior to the person driving the car over. A Cashier's check can be handed to the driver upon arrival but I guess it means that you can't enter the car without giving them the check first?
3. After the vehicle arrives at the destination (store), they are expected to deliver the car withing 3-6 days. If you can't accept it within that time, that car will be assigned to someone else and you will be placed at the top of the queue (not back of the list) for a new VIN. ***I wouldn't count on this one.....
4. You have either 24 hours or 100 miles (whichever comes first) to file any requests for a fix. I'm not sure what happens when things start to fall apart after the first 24 hours....
B. EDD Related
1. I have an EDD of Dec 11 - Dec 31 on a 5/4 order date for a MSLR White/White/19's/FSD. There are others in different forum topics that have the same or nearly the same config that have a Nov 14 - Mid Dec EDD but are located in Florida. I have no idea why this is the case given that delivery to FL would appear to take longer than WA... Perhaps there are more orders in FL than WA and so it's easier to fill up a truck? I have no idea but I'm not super thrilled about that one.
2. The rep said they checked what they call a "soft match" in their system and mine simply says "December". She added that it could be sometime before or around Dec 11 or within the Dec 11 - Dec 31 timeline but doesn't have any other information than that.
3. EDD isn't very clear now, so the rep said to not worry about the Financing approval until you get closer to that timeline. This is a bit different from what other SA's have said in the past where they claimed that your full profile needed to be updated to be assigned a VIN. Not sure what to believe but I don't really want to apply for a loan for the third time.
4. VINs are assigned when the vehicle has completed production and is about to head to the destination. It then takes about 2 weeks for that vehicle to arrive to the destination. So basically, once you get a VIN, you could get the car within 2-3 weeks.
I'm not super thrilled about A3, especially since many of us are expecting the car in Dec, right around the holidays. I guess it means that you shouldn't plan to take long vacations unless you're ok changing that schedule to come back for a delivery. First world problems are tough.
Ordered my MSM/Black/19" in late May and have the same exact EDD as you. I'm closer to the Portland SC, so I'll be picking up there.
I'm wondering if Florida is getting earlier deliveries than us PNW orders because they have less orders to fill?