Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

jebinc

EndlessVibrating PLAID, cream/FSD; MYP, wht on wht
Supporting Member
Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Yup thats what i heard someone else got 2021 vin and his SA said all same built , mixture of 2021 and 2022 and coming out from factory at same time .
@Vick sandhu Yeah, that’s a bit strange. On my other two deliveries this fall, when the vin was assigned, it was real fresh and arrived straight from the factory in 2 day. Birth date was less than one week from delivery. This one seems “stale” at nearly a month old. I certainly don’t want someone else’s rejected delivery - or worse, a car that has been in a body shop getting damage repaired.

Reactions: Vick sandhu

Vick sandhu

RN1152 July order, blk/blk 19’ FSD, VIN on 12/19
Sep 5, 2021
Washington
@Vick sandhu Yeah, that’s a bit strange. On my other two deliveries this fall, when the vin was assigned, it was real fresh and arrived straight from the factory in 2 day. Birth date was less than one week from delivery. This one seems “stale” at nearly a month old. I certainly don’t want someone else’s rejected delivery - or worse, a car that has been in a body shop getting damage repaired.
If not in rush tell them to put on hold till January 1st, that way guaranteed 2022 vin.

Vick sandhu

Sep 5, 2021
Washington
I ended up calling the 888 number this afternoon after I saw @Vick sandhu suggest it on another thread. The rep told me my order is showing EDD of March on her end. That seems to track with how long it has taken (7-9 months) for most on TMC. I guess I can stop refreshing my order page for a few months 😂
You cant stop refreshing, it became habit now, i was thinking today, that after getting car we all still going to check TMC few times a day. Got so addicted.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and ShanVan
You cant stop refreshing, it became habit now, i was thinking today, that after getting car we all still going to check TMC few times a day. Got so addicted.
You're probably right. Who am I kidding..I will most certainly refresh once a day at least. I just wish Tesla would be more upfront/transparent about timelines. If it's showing March on their system, update the order page with the same information. It should not be this hard, yet they can't do the simplest of communications.

Vick sandhu

Sep 5, 2021
Washington
You're probably right. Who am I kidding..I will most certainly refresh once a day at least. I just wish Tesla would be more upfront/transparent about timelines. If it's showing March on their system, update the order page with the same information. It should not be this hard, yet they can't do the simplest of communications.
Dont give up hope , miracles happened. You never know.

Spiegels

Sep 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
I want to chime in on my home state site. I spend 5 winter months in CA so I planned for and took delivery on my 2022 LR last week. I got the VIN last Monday, 11/22, when I woke up to find my vehicle on the truck from Fremont to Irvine. I took delivery last Friday. In March I will drive it to Seattle.

Delivery was smooth with very few issues although I was armed with the checklist and expected to find issues but found none to report upon delivery.

Vick sandhu

Sep 5, 2021
Washington
Is this on app new for everyone or upcoming deliveries?

Attachments

• E5771B1D-2C1A-4B64-B39A-B5246D55BC22.png
    E5771B1D-2C1A-4B64-B39A-B5246D55BC22.png
    479.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: jebinc
I see that same stuff on the app as well and just assume it's Tesla updating help content as they get created.

I keep refreshing my app and my order status page. That's the process to get a VIN right?;)
Now that you have moved into a 2-day delivery window, VIN must be pretty close. EOQ/EOQ also must be a reason for the late December EDDs for West coast orders.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC