Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA seems to have access to actual estimated arrival dates at my pickup point (Kansas City). My EDD is Jan 31 - Feb 13, and my SA looked in her system and said the current projected arrival date in KC is Feb 5th. Not sure if she's blowing smoke, but she seems genuine that she's getting this info from her system, for what that's worth. Of course, Feb 5th is right in the middle of my vacation (out of the country), and is the worst possible time for my car to arrive, so it seems pretty likely it's accurate ;-)

Just an interesting note:

About a month ago, I called the Bellevue SC and someone there told me that he sees that my car is scheduled for arrival at the SC on Jan 16th. I don’t know what he was looking at or who he was, but 6 different people after him couldn’t tell me anything about any date different from what I was seeing on the site.

So did that person have some tool that no one else had? Or was it just dumb luck??

About a month ago, I called the Bellevue SC and someone there told me that he sees that my car is scheduled for arrival at the SC on Jan 16th. I don’t know what he was looking at or who he was, but 6 different people after him couldn’t tell me anything about any date different from what I was seeing on the site.

So did that person have some tool that no one else had? Or was it just dumb luck??
That's the same experience I've had at my local Service Center. A nice lady there seems to be able to see a specific estimated arrival date for my car that is more specific than the EDD range on my account. I don't know whether she's lying (she doesn't seem to be) or all the other SC's are too lazy or incompetent to look this info up.

Wow, I need to talk to that person. I would love to gain some insight on my car, as it seems to be less likely that I will get my car anytime soon. So happy to see others getting cars though.

Looks like at home delivery is my only option. Anyone heard of issues with that and recommendations on whether or not to try and see if they can change it?
Home delivery is super easy and straightforward. If you're comfortable with the product and how to use it, you'll be fine. We've taken home delivery of all 3 of ours and they were here about 5 minutes each time, usually calling an Uber/Lyft to zip back around the same time they drop the car.

I think people who "want to use a cashier's check only once the car is perfect" or "refuse delivery for minor issues", while all fair scenarios, would not want home delivery, but you absolutely could reject at home, too, but may not have the time to really look it over.

For any major repairs/paint/etc., you have a theoretical 100 miles and 1 day to report it, but for the longer list of small things (think creaks and rattles), SC will help out however.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
Home delivery is super easy and straightforward. If you're comfortable with the product and how to use it, you'll be fine. We've taken home delivery of all 3 of ours and they were here about 5 minutes each time, usually calling an Uber/Lyft to zip back around the same time they drop the car.

I think people who "want to use a cashier's check only once the car is perfect" or "refuse delivery for minor issues", while all fair scenarios, would not want home delivery, but you absolutely could reject at home, too, but may not have the time to really look it over.

For any major repairs/paint/etc., you have a theoretical 100 miles and 1 day to report it, but for the longer list of small things (think creaks and rattles), SC will help out however.
There’s almost 0 chance that I will reject it, unless there’s something like a bumper, door, or seat that’s missing. I’m not tied that much to paint perfection and don’t plan on wrapping or getting PPF either, so I guess I should be good.

I spent too much time over the years striving to protect the clear coat on my current car, and while that was fun as a hobby, it was also a pain. Tbh, I probably wouldn’t even be looking at this giant checklist if it weren’t for this forum. I never even bothered to check the build quality of any car that’s I’ve purchased in the past. However, I also know that Tesla isn’t like other car manufacturers and probably needs a bit more scrutiny.

I’ll keep everyone here updated on progress as I get closer to the delivery date.

For those here that are waiting on their first Tesla, here’s how it’s progressed thus far:

- Last night I refreshed the App and saw 2 things change - 1) the EDD suddenly turned into a 4 day window from 10 days, and 2) there was a different message on it asking me to update the insurance because it was expired. The VIN was not on the app at this time.
- I thought this was weird so I logged into the website, where I saw the VIN. I then updated the insurance and that was it.
- approximately 10-15 min later, the App showed my VIN
- this morning I received a text from the same basic number that I communicate with “my” SA, asking me to schedule delivery. Here’s the message I got, which is clearly an automated text:

“Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model S for delivery.

Select your appointment now at tesla.com…..(link)”

So, in summary, I’ve received no text or communication from any specific person regarding my order. The only time an SA reached out to me proactively was 1) when I initially placed the order in May and 2) when a random SA said that my car “might arrive in Dec, which of course never happened.

EDD updated to 3/17-3/31 (2w), from 1/12-2/9 (4w).
I still remember it was showing 12/29-12/31 at beginning of Q4 (10/7). Look like they make production plan at beginning of each quarter.

🙃
Hmm. 4 days later, EDD moved back to Jan. Now it’s a 2w window from 1/18 to 1/30.
I can’t remember if or when my EDD ever moved up before. Maybe it’s the time to find a way to become a DCU member.

There’s almost 0 chance that I will reject it, unless there’s something like a bumper, door, or seat that’s missing. I’m not tied that much to paint perfection and don’t plan on wrapping or getting PPF either, so I guess I should be good.

I spent too much time over the years striving to protect the clear coat on my current car, and while that was fun as a hobby, it was also a pain. Tbh, I probably wouldn’t even be looking at this giant checklist if it weren’t for this forum. I never even bothered to check the build quality of any car that’s I’ve purchased in the past. However, I also know that Tesla isn’t like other car manufacturers and probably needs a bit more scrutiny.

I’ll keep everyone here updated on progress as I get closer to the delivery date.

For those here that are waiting on their first Tesla, here’s how it’s progressed thus far:

- Last night I refreshed the App and saw 2 things change - 1) the EDD suddenly turned into a 4 day window from 10 days, and 2) there was a different message on it asking me to update the insurance because it was expired. The VIN was not on the app at this time.
- I thought this was weird so I logged into the website, where I saw the VIN. I then updated the insurance and that was it.
- approximately 10-15 min later, the App showed my VIN
- this morning I received a text from the same basic number that I communicate with “my” SA, asking me to schedule delivery. Here’s the message I got, which is clearly an automated text:

“Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model S for delivery.

Select your appointment now at tesla.com…..(link)”

So, in summary, I’ve received no text or communication from any specific person regarding my order. The only time an SA reached out to me proactively was 1) when I initially placed the order in May and 2) when a random SA said that my car “might arrive in Dec, which of course never happened.
Similar for us... I'm OK with the no-BS text to schedule and get delivery at home myself. I only received human-ish texts when they pulled our VIN or had to reschedule.

Appreciate your approach, on the checklist, etc. I've had some of the same thoughts... buying past cars, I never looked anything over.

Reactions: CongoBongo
Anyone here get after market floor/cargo mats? If so, which one? I also can’t tell if the 3D Max Floor mats are supposed to fit the new MS.

There are a bunch of posts spread all over the place across this site about recommended accessories and I can’t seem to pinpoint which thread to search to actually find something detailed. Seeing how we all live in WA, what’s your recommended one?

Reactions: Vick sandhu
Hmm. 4 days later, EDD moved back to Jan. Now it’s a 2w window from 1/18 to 1/30.
I can’t remember if or when my EDD ever moved up before. Maybe it’s the time to find a way to become a DCU member.
Yours has to be coming up soon too, seeing how it’s the same config as mine and only a month after me. Hope you get one assigned in the next few days.

• Love
Reactions: Buggybug