Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah mine is at the Bellevue lot but not processed yet. Was told that there is no earlier delivery slot before my Wednesday’s appointment so I’ll patiently wait.

It’s odd that yours is still in CA. Sorry to hear.

PS there is an MSM Plaid at Bellevue Sq show room. They allow people to sit inside. The seat is less cushy than expected but still better than our 2018 A5. Yoke and screen are smaller than expected. Excited!
yeah, that makes no sense. They left me a VM saying that they pushed out the delivery by a week to 1/28. I wouldn't have been able to do a 1/26 or any delivery next week because it just happens to be the one week when I'm out.

What's confusing to me is that its the same exact config as yours and we are probably like 10 miles away from each other. Maybe they don't even pick it up until it's closer to the EDD?

Reactions: Buggybug
Tesla safety score is a joke, you going normal and someone in front of you suddenly make wrong turn, and you hit the brake because taking foot off from accelerator wont stop right away and will hit that car, and your safety score goes down. Same thing someone getting on freeway from ramp and you have truck in front of you and on left lane cars on full speed, you have no other option then slowing down or if its too close brake a lil, again score goes down. Whoever didn’t bought FSD, dont pay xtra . Way your scores go down, will never get FSD beta, even though paid $10K xtra.
I have heard the same from a couple of friends about the FSD score. They are hanging around 80-90.

I felt it wasn't worth $10k and didn't add to my order. Now, at $12k, it's a hard 'no' from me. Tesla keeps increasing the price and I don't see the value in it in its current state. Plus, I like driving, so FSD is not worth it in my case.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
yeah, that makes no sense. They left me a VM saying that they pushed out the delivery by a week to 1/28. I wouldn't have been able to do a 1/26 or any delivery next week because it just happens to be the one week when I'm out.

What's confusing to me is that its the same exact config as yours and we are probably like 10 miles away from each other. Maybe they don't even pick it up until it's closer to the EDD?
That would make sense considering logistics bottleneck! So 1/28 won’t work for you? Would really love to see you take delivery soon!

I have heard the same from a couple of friends about the FSD score. They are hanging around 80-90.

I felt it wasn't worth $10k and didn't add to my order. Now, at $12k, it's a hard 'no' from me. Tesla keeps increasing the price and I don't see the value in it in its current state. Plus, I like driving, so FSD is not worth it in my case.
Its not worth , i drove 700 miles so far, and one time car in front of me already made full right turn and got forward collision warning and scored dropped, 2 times i hit brake to prevent accident because someone made turn in red light and second time same thing, someone made wrong turn toward me in front of me , so had to hot brake. And on unsafe follow have no idea that how that works, in rush hours on freeway , if you keep 3 second distance then people start jumping in front of you or start honking at you. End of the story if you drive like a grandma on empty freeway or street then you can keep scores high. And if you dont have good scores then spending $10k not a good idea. Its been almost a month i got car and still in Queue. Have no idea that what they charge me for $10k .

I am having 2nd thoughts on FSD..........🧐
If i knew that i have to wait to keep scores up and then will get it, then it was a hard pass from me, now if they still refund my 10K i will be happy. I was like really to avoid accident if i had to hit brake then why scores dropping. Scores suppose to go up that i was paying attention and prevent accident.

Reactions: drunkenbuda
I am having 2nd thoughts on FSD..........🧐
I got it for 8k on my 2020 model 3. It's a fun trick to show people every few months but I don't use it. I will not be getting it in my new Model S that so far they haven't sold to me yet - despite a one year wait. I wish I had my 8k back from 2020 as well.

Of course other people are happy with it. Just giving my .02.

That would make sense considering logistics bottleneck! So 1/28 won’t work for you? Would really love to see you take delivery soon!
@Buggybug I’m unfortunately out of town this entire week. I’m still scheduled for this coming Monday but haven’t received a word about payment or anything of the sort. Should I be concerned?

Also, how was your delivery?

I don't know which is worse, an EDD that keeps shifting or one that is way out in the future that never moves like mine.

It will be worth the wait...I keep telling myself that. :cool:
Your EDD and MSM configuration line up with mine and many others. I have a feeling that there will be a MSM build in mid March with VINs for us and deliveries to WA. I am trying to be positive after 14 EDD pushouts and deep disappointments during this horrendous wait. At least Elon acknowledged on earnings call yesterday that Tesla will be focused on car deliveries as their priority for now. They need to catch up and provide better customer communication, which has been abysmal.

Reactions: golonoro
@Buggybug I’m unfortunately out of town this entire week. I’m still scheduled for this coming Monday but haven’t received a word about payment or anything of the sort. Should I be concerned?

Also, how was your delivery?
I took delivery about 23 hours ago. Their automated system called to confirm the morning on T-1 so I think you’ll get something Sunday morning. Then on delivery day, got a phone call and text message when the delivery driver headed out.

More details
0. Before delivery, I went to Bellevue showroom. SA took my DCU check image and uploaded to the system. With that, payment won’t block delivery.
1. The delivery driver was very professional.
2. Met him at drive way. Did quick inspection primarily on paint, seal, and alignment. Then accepted delivery.
3. Sat in the car and paired phone key. Signed a few documents then transferred ownership. Handed over the DCU check. Car rebooted twice (by design) and showed up on my account.
4. The only 2 things I could pick on QC are A) trunk panel gap on right hand side and B) a little adhesives left on rear side of the car (minor). Scheduled a service appointment to address, as I’m too dumb to fix them by myself haha. They give 24 hours on cosmetic issues so why not.
5. The car is fast. Coming from Boxster 718 and having driven my friend’s C8 and a 90D ~5 years ago, this instant torque still impresses me.
6. The car is gorgeous. Old/current lights but whatever.
7. Adaptive air suspension and seat are good but I might have had a super high expectation. Under certain circumstances (i.e. going through a speed bump), I could feel the diff from the steel suspension on my wife’s A5 sportback. But in general, the ride is compliant without anything “standing out“.
8. 2021.44.30.8 showed up during delivery and proceeded with upgrade after first drive of 2 miles. AP calibrated to 99% by that time.
9. Put on mud flaps before dinner. Also went through the inspection list in full, and all the menus and entertainment logins.
10. Drove out in the evening. Yeah it’s such a nice car! AP is great, screen is great. Audio system (without tweaking EQ) is good. Voice command needs some improvements though. Ambient light is hard to find; I almost thought they are broken. There are also some expected noise (from fan?) when charging. Need to close the doors harder compared to other cars. And there was a loud pump sound right when getting into the car for the evening trip. Hey but that’s the short list I could find. Everything else, is, just, amazing.
11. Will drive more in evening and over weekend!

Overall, it’s a very nice experience! Would prefer not having to inspect a bunch of stuff at this price point but QC easily exceeded my low expectation!
I wish you and everyone a smooth delivery!