Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 on the config (more in signature). Good choice!

I stopped by Bellevue Delivery Center on Sat and took a brief look at an “in service” MSM refreshed S (with 21’’ apparently). Looked great!

The guy at reception told me:
1. 21’’ comes faster than 19’’. Sure.
2. My car has “nothing” annotated in their backend view - no “production planning”, nothing.
3. His guess is “maybe a Sept delivery”. Will see.

Stay strong team!
I don’t believe their “backend notes” bs. If their notes said one thing and their account notations said another, a lawyer (of which I am one!) would get a hold of that and the fraud/sec allegations/ illegal business practices would be the end of them. The SA’s know nothing. I actually feel bad for them!

Reactions: jebinc
Took a trip to Ocean shores (8/25-8/27). Trip A reflects door to door efficiency. Imputed range of 351 per “tank”. “Not half bad for a Plaid”!

9F0979D3-8C1D-4C1C-9AF5-A18A894AB21D.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, 19s - more pictures below. Mud flaps installed and three coats of ceramic! Lot more detail provided in that large delivery thread.
View attachment 696639
I have a MSLR with 19" on order. Do the LR models get the same dark lobster fork wheels? Some of the pics I've seen had light aluminum colored wheels with a much less attractive spoke pattern. I love the dark lobster forks. Just a center cap and some lug nut covers and they're beautiful.

Cross-Post

I did some EDD math for those in my area (Seattle). After scouring many posts about EDD's, I've concluded the following for Seattle/Renton/Bellevue deliveries...

On the day ("X") you get the 13-14 day EDD range, that seems to equal the "birth date" of your car (which you can confirm after delivery). About 7-8 days later ("Y"), you will see a VIN (your EDD range will be about 7 days at this point). Delivery date("Z") is about 5-6 days later (Transportation and DC prep). Going the other way, the later date ("Z'") on the range provided on day "X" is about 3-4 days later than when you will actually take delivery on day "Z".

So, it's X+12=Z, or

Z'-3(or 4)=Z

For those in the Seattle area, post your experiences!
Testing this math once again with my Model Y Performance - to see if it works with all models. Just received my 16 range of 9/14-9/30. So, “Z” is could be as early as 9/11 or as late as 9/25. Will recalculate based on actual 14 day range, when I get to that point. Two days from now?’

Reactions: Davidrun2B
I have a MSLR with 19" on order. Do the LR models get the same dark lobster fork wheels? Some of the pics I've seen had light aluminum colored wheels with a much less attractive spoke pattern. I love the dark lobster forks. Just a center cap and some lug nut covers and they're beautiful.
I have the same EDD as you. Order date 7/21/21 for LR MS with MSM, cream w/ 19” wheels and FSD. Started w/ Plaid+ at battery day, and opted after it was cancelled for LR initially with 21” wheels before changing to 19” wheels. EDD slipped from Oct to Nov and now to Dec.