Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blank is the worst! I kept checking to see everyday if it had updated with a date range. Although, I wouldn't put any stock on the EDD anyway. It's interesting you are seeing blank but the Tesla SC can see more info in the back-end.
Yup mine changed before 7/8 times then delivery sep24-30 then moved back to December then again November then blank. Making me feel like i am buying private jet.

Why pass?
@a1machinista1 If your spending well over $130k for a car, it should be new and not "reworked". Would you buy a new ICE that was advertised as having the engine replaced?

If the main pack was replaced, it may continue to suffer BMS and other range issues as reported by @WilliamG @dennis @Muzzman1. Why risk it and the potential associated aggravation? Anyway, that's why (my rationale). YMMV.

@a1machinista1 If your spending well over $130k for a car, it should be new and not "reworked". Would you buy a new ICE that was advertised as having the engine replaced?

If the main pack was replaced, it may continue to suffer BMS and other range issues as reported by @WilliamG @dennis @Muzzman1. Why risk it and the potential associated aggravation? Anyway, that's why (my rationale). YMMV.
Although I agree, you should get a car that has not been reworked, I don't equate a HV battery to a new motor in an ICE. My pack is in fact being replaced, but Im fairly confident no issues will arise from that. There's not much to screw up. Two high voltage cables, two water lines and a bunch of fasteners.
If I were you @a1machinista1 and you are eager to get the car. I'd go for it. YOLO, Life is short. Get it, enjoy it. Anything goes wrong Tesla will make it right, as they are with me.

Reactions: jebinc

It's only $85k hahaha!! I actually look at A battery replacement like a battery replacement. I would assume that the work to replace the battery was more thorough than the factory. We accepted it, you only live once.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
The car arrived at Bellevue on the trailer and it wouldnt turn on to unload it. It had 5 miles on it. They installed a new not refurbished battery pack. $23k if your interested. Hood slightly crooked and hard to close. Pass front door needs an extra push to close. Nothing besides those so far. Stopped in Lacey and charged. Everything works great. If you haven't heard yet the long range is FFFFFAST.

Attachments

• 4AD041B1-61F3-478C-B214-A50F20DF3219.jpeg
    4AD041B1-61F3-478C-B214-A50F20DF3219.jpeg
    835.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 44C19DEB-CA3C-4831-A627-56943722776F.jpeg
    44C19DEB-CA3C-4831-A627-56943722776F.jpeg
    854.4 KB · Views: 39
  • C5903950-846B-456E-8108-2BFDF5E0C07E.jpeg
    C5903950-846B-456E-8108-2BFDF5E0C07E.jpeg
    565.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 7C7A5EEA-12C0-4AC2-A5B5-32F1DE2F321A.jpeg
    7C7A5EEA-12C0-4AC2-A5B5-32F1DE2F321A.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 30
The car arrived at Bellevue on the trailer and it wouldnt turn on to unload it. It had 5 miles on it. They installed a new not refurbished battery pack. $23k if your interested. Hood slightly crooked and hard to close. Pass front door needs an extra push to close. Nothing besides those so far. Stopped in Lacey and charged. Everything works great. If you haven't heard yet the long range is FFFFFAST.
MSM is the best color! :D