Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, very sorry to see that. I will hit my EDD window tomorrow (19 Jan - 16 Feb). Want to bet that my EDD will be pushed again? I am so sick of being jerked around by Tesla. This has been the worst buying experience of my lifetime. It looks like us MSM configured cars are not getting any attention or VINs except Burnside. At least your new EDD is similar to mine. It would be incredible if we both get VINs and deliveries around the same time. I would love to be proven wrong about my prediction for what happens tomorrow, but too many pushed EDDs for me to think positive at this point.
Sorry to hear and I totally get the frustration. I thought getting a VIN would solve my frustration but I'm now in another state of anxiety because of the delivery delays.

On a positive note, my EDD changed in a very similar way where the range remained consistent but kept getting pushed out a few days when I got near or hit the EDD range. That was much different than the previous ones where my EDD would just randomly change to completely different months and ranges, back and forth. The fact that they aren't changing it like a random generator sounds like a good thing.

The wait sucks in general, and the ridiculous communication mechanism is just outright bad. Anecdotally, it would appear that Tesla isn't keeping up in their service department, and that the more cars they put on the road, the worse it's going to get in terms of getting timely service. We are all suckers for pain.

Reactions: Davidrun2B
Sorry to hear and I totally get the frustration. I thought getting a VIN would solve my frustration but I'm now in another state of anxiety because of the delivery delays.

On a positive note, my EDD changed in a very similar way where the range remained consistent but kept getting pushed out a few days when I got near or hit the EDD range. That was much different than the previous ones where my EDD would just randomly change to completely different months and ranges, back and forth. The fact that they aren't changing it like a random generator sounds like a good thing.

The wait sucks in general, and the ridiculous communication mechanism is just outright bad. Anecdotally, it would appear that Tesla isn't keeping up in their service department, and that the more cars they put on the road, the worse it's going to get in terms of getting timely service. We are all suckers for pain.
Thanks CongoBong. Your frustrating experience, which I have been closely monitoring has been a source of inspiration for me during this exceedingly frustrating process. I am so excited that you are entering the final phase of this ordeal and look forward to seeing pictures of your new car after delivery. The frustrating thing for me has been not having a car for 5+ months. Never should have sold my MS until I was certain of LR delivery. At least the new owners of my old MS have been very happy with my formerly owned car, and keep emailing me after they get back from various trips, the most recent being a 8000 mile cross country trip. I expect to be taking some long trips with my new car after delivery.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
Someone here was talking about a Touchless Car Wash in the area. I've been incredibly careful with car washes because I'm just terribly picky about certain things. I've used the 2 bucket hand wash method for several years on my current car and am just about getting ready to sell it as I get ready for my delivery of my MS.

I took it to this place up in Kirkland where it says Touchless, circled around to make sure that there were no brushes, and proceeded to enter the line. I paid the attendant for the basic wash and locked myself into the rails. As I was busy browsing this forum and checking on some updates, I realized that the attendant was circling my car a couple of times in an suspicious manner. By the time I realized, it was already too late. He was brushing the car with his dirt filled brush as a pre-wash....Nooooooooooo.

I won't be going there again, not because it's actually not touchless, but because the touchless system just plain sucks. I could have just used a hose at home to do the same thing, since it got nothing off the car.

I ended up buying the Tesmanian one for the trunk, frunk, and the cargo portion. Slightly different design but the fold is a necessity.
I also purchased the rear cover from Tesmanian along with the liner for the frunk. My S did not come with the cargo floor shelf (will be delivered once they have it in stock) so I just cut some wood boards to length and put the Tesmanian cargo liner on top. Works just fine.

I'll add that the rear cargo liner I had on my Model 3 was bought directly from Tesla and was a better quality than the Tesmanian liner. But I couldn't justify spending $100 this time round. The liner from Tesmanian seems just fine.

Have a stupid question to ask- i bought FSD, in autopilot i clicked request full self driving beta, now it says you are enrolled in FSD Beta queue. What that means ? Queue? Means i have to wait for it or how that works, so far 100 score.

Have a stupid question to ask- i bought FSD, in autopilot i clicked request full self driving beta, now it says you are enrolled in FSD Beta queue. What that means ? Queue? Means i have to wait for it or how that works, so far 100 score.
It means that Tesla will now be monitoring your driving for ~one week to see if you would qualify for FSD beta to be turned on. They only turn it on for the best drivers with 100 to 99% driving safety scores. You should be able to find a full explanation in your cars owners manual.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
Received VIN today - tail of NF467 with EDD narrowed to 1/22 - 1/26.
Previously EDD was 1/18 - 1/30.
Reaching out to SA for born date and confirmation on AS tires.
SA is not available so called customer service (confirmed it's WA region line). Was told the following
- Car was produced yesterday. 1/18/2022. It hasn't left the factory yet.
- 19'' wheels come with AS tires by default; only perf wheels come with summer tires.
- I can't put my order on hold; it's only possible within some 60/90 days after placing order. Order would be cancelled if hold is requested at this point. I really doubt this.
- Although "put on hold" is not possible, as long as I keep the VIN, I can work with delivery team to re-arrange delivery appointment due to delay in loan approval. When car arrives at delivery center, they can keep the car for 3 days. (well known)
- Bellevue delivery center no longer does in-person pickup so I'll have to do home delivery. In WA, the delivery person can't just drop off the car so I'll have a chance to hand over cashier checks and potentially report obvious issues.
- Pickup is available from Lynnwood but tax rate is higher.
- Switching from Cash to Financing will result in a new MVPA. Customer service can regenerate it in ~5 mins once I know which lender to go with.

Tried to call the 888 number but it looks like it would be routed to the same local team. SA is also not responding. So I'm leaning towards just going ahead with the VIN.

SA is not available so called customer service (confirmed it's WA region line). Was told the following
- 19'' wheels come with AS tires by default; only perf wheels come with summer tires.
- I can't put my order on hold; it's only possible within some 60/90 days after placing order. Order would be cancelled if hold is requested at this point. I really doubt this.
- Although "put on hold" is not possible, as long as I keep the VIN, I can work with delivery team to re-arrange delivery appointment due to delay in loan approval. When car arrives at delivery center, they can keep the car for 3 days. (well known)
- Bellevue delivery center no longer does in-person pickup so I'll have to do home delivery. In WA, the delivery person can't just drop off the car so I'll have a chance to hand over cashier checks and potentially report obvious issues.
- Switching from Cash to Financing will result in a new MVPA. Customer service can regenerate it in ~5 mins once I know which lender to go with.

Tried to call the 888 number but it looks like it would be routed to the same local team. SA is also not responding. So I'm leaning towards just going ahead with the VIN.
Thanks for the info on the AS tires. I was wondering about that since WA apparently has no infrastructure to address snow on the roads. Snowmaggedon is terrible, especially with summer tires.

I keep calling the service center that's closest to me, which apparently doesn't do pickups, so I'm stuck with at home delivery as well. When I call this number, it always routes me to someone that's located somewhere else. Those individuals always tell me that Bellevue is a part of their responsibility but I have no idea what that really means...

Initially, they told me that I could have delivery completed on 1/21 or 1/22. Then I received a random call from a 425 area code number which I obviously don't pick up because I get about 20 calls a day about wanting to buy my house or about an offer for a new internet service. The person said that they can't get the car to the SC until 1/25 and so they just pushed my delivery out by a week to 1/28. Of course, next week just happens to be the only week I'm out of town, so I had to reschedule.

I'm out Saturday and they don't deliver on Sunday, which puts me at Monday 1/31. Initially, they seemed rather reluctant to hold the car for an extra 3 days but came back on the phone with an ok.

I'm really not sure why it takes them that long to get the car delivered from fremont, when it was originally supposed to be delivered on 1/21. Seems like something they should know well in advance.

Thanks for the info on the AS tires. I was wondering about that since WA apparently has no infrastructure to address snow on the roads. Snowmaggedon is terrible, especially with summer tires.

I keep calling the service center that's closest to me, which apparently doesn't do pickups, so I'm stuck with at home delivery as well. When I call this number, it always routes me to someone that's located somewhere else. Those individuals always tell me that Bellevue is a part of their responsibility but I have no idea what that really means...

Initially, they told me that I could have delivery completed on 1/21 or 1/22. Then I received a random call from a 425 area code number which I obviously don't pick up because I get about 20 calls a day about wanting to buy my house or about an offer for a new internet service. The person said that they can't get the car to the SC until 1/25 and so they just pushed my delivery out by a week to 1/28. Of course, next week just happens to be the only week I'm out of town, so I had to reschedule.

I'm out Saturday and they don't deliver on Sunday, which puts me at Monday 1/31. Initially, they seemed rather reluctant to hold the car for an extra 3 days but came back on the phone with an ok.

I'm really not sure why it takes them that long to get the car delivered from fremont, when it was originally supposed to be delivered on 1/21. Seems like something they should know well in advance.
Interesting. Do you know when your car was produced?

My reservation showed EDD 22-26 when VIN showed up earlier today. But when I actually got to ”schedule delivery”, the earliest day is the 26th, the earnings day.
Now I’m wondering if there will be any “recently produced S’s” delivered before the 26th... hmm…

Call service center number not one on website, one on website will go to some random person anywhere in nation, service center someone from seattle location answer, ask them they in seattle and person will say not at location but in Washington state and he/she will get hold of your local pick up Center and call you back shortly.

Thats what i got hold of someone local, tried calling number on website but always some random person answered then called for service number and got hold of someone local.

Update 3 of the day
- Home delivery scheduled for next Wed 1/26.
- Instant approval for full amount from DCU. Uploaded MVPA and called in to finalize the loan; on hold for ~2 hours. Expecting final loan agreement and esign tomorrow, with check on Friday. If check arrives on time, I may try to bump up delivery but I'm not holding my breath for everything to line up perfectly.
- Floormat, mud flaps, trunk&frunk liners, HPWC bought. Sent an email to Tesla support requesting HPWC sales tax refund.
- Charger installation quoted and agreed with the Tesla's HPWC flow.
What a productive day.

- PPF (only thinking about bumper + hood) and insurance next.
- Then keep going through owner's manual and "how to videos". Only had a couple hours in Tesla before - fun time ahead 😉

Update 3 of the day
- Home delivery scheduled for next Wed 1/26.
- Instant approval for full amount from DCU. Uploaded MVPA and called in to finalize the loan; on hold for ~2 hours. Expecting final loan agreement and esign tomorrow, with check on Friday. If check arrives on time, I may try to bump up delivery but I'm not holding my breath for everything to line up perfectly.
- Floormat, mud flaps, trunk&frunk liners, HPWC bought. Sent an email to Tesla support requesting HPWC sales tax refund.
- Charger installation quoted and agreed with the Tesla's HPWC flow.
What a productive day.

- PPF (only thinking about bumper + hood) and insurance next.
- Then keep going through owner's manual and "how to videos". Only had a couple hours in Tesla before - fun time ahead 😉
I’m excited for you. I hope your delivery goes well and all your expectations are fulfilled.

Ha. I just put my order on hold yesterday until March-April. The SA that put my order on hold was a random SA, not my normal one.

Reactions: Buggybug