Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I finally heard back regarding hitting my latest EDD window yesterday, fourth with pushbacks. This time I am pushed to March 16 -31 from my most recent EDD: 19 Jan - 16 Feb. I feel depressed beyond measure, and will be calling Tesla today. I want to talk to a manager not SA as they know nothing, and only have their traditional script, "We are trying to get you matched to a car ASAP". I am sick and tired of being jerked around by Tesla. I am happy to see some of you getting VINs and deliveries but am also outraged at how poorly I have been treated by Tesla. :(:mad:

Reactions: ShanVan
FRUNK WARNING

We took delivery of our MSM LR on Wed, 1/19/2022. The trunk cubby hard cover and the triangular shaped cubby hard covers were missing, and the Portland SC said it would be sent to us. Apparently this is in short supply, and recent deliveries have not included these parts. I inspected the car in the rain, and the only thing I neglected to do, was to check the frunk. After getting home, I opened the frunk to put a small duffel bag with tools for tire change (I bought a spare tire setup on Amazon). The bag of tools clearly fit into the frunk. I know the narrow spare tire does not fit into the frunk. I was not able to get the frunk to close properly after the first time I opened it, both with and without the tools in place. Be sure to check this before taking delivery! The touch screen indicated the frunk was open and warned against driving the vehicle. There are two "catches" for the frunk, and only the first one was catching, which left the hood just slightly open and not sealed to the elements. I tried the latch release button inside the frunk (it is actually the light source inside the frunk). So with less than 4 hours of ownership, the car was not considered safe to drive. I made multiple phone calls, and was not successful in arranging a mobile service call, unless I wanted to wait till Feb 14. The person who took my call at the service center said he would have the mobile service call me, which they have not done. My friend, and neighbor, Cal with a Plaid came over with his Plaid, and we both opened and closed his frunk without difficulty. We both failed to get the frunk on the new car closed. After multiple attempts (greater than 10), I was able to get it to close completely. I did not do anything different! I will not open it again until I take it in for the service appointment I made for Feb 2!

Well I finally heard back regarding hitting my latest EDD window yesterday, fourth with pushbacks. This time I am pushed to March 16 -31 from my most recent EDD: 19 Jan - 16 Feb. I feel depressed beyond measure, and will be calling Tesla today. I want to talk to a manager not SA as they know nothing, and only have their traditional script, "We are trying to get you matched to a car ASAP". I am sick and tired of being jerked around by Tesla. I am happy to see some of you getting VINs and deliveries but am also outraged at how poorly I have been treated by Tesla. :(:mad:
I am joining the club with the exact same EDD as you. :confused:

Reactions: golonoro
I am joining the club with the exact same EDD as you. :confused:
Sorry to see I was not the only one screwed by Tesla. I just got off the phone with Tesla SA. Demanded to speak to a manager but they did not provide one to talk to, but proceeded to vent my intense frustration over the endless EDD pushouts after hitting the EDD. I am so very frustrated right now with Tesla and their customer care is horrendous and completely unacceptable. They never offer any hope of relief, just excuses about ramping MS development being difficult.☹️😫😩

Haha I'm not surprised. I wonder if it depends on location/region, or more likely on who answered the phone.
Good luck with your order as well! Cheers!
My SA (Steven) has been out of office now for more than one month, probably due to stress from listening to deeply dissatisfied customers like me, who are tired of being jerked around. Not one of the many random SA's I have talked to will take responsibility for the poor customer service, and lack of communication on endless EDD pushbacks after hitting the windows.

Sorry to see I was not the only one screwed by Tesla. I just got off the phone with Tesla SA. Demanded to speak to a manager but they did not provide one to talk to, but proceeded to vent my intense frustration over the endless EDD pushouts after hitting the EDD. I am so very frustrated right now with Tesla and their customer care is horrendous and completely unacceptable. They never offer any hope of relief, just excuses about ramping MS development being difficult.☹️😫😩
I totally understand your frustration, Tesla's sales model is very unorthodox to say the least. This forum has helped me realize that I'm not the only one being treated so poorly, it is just the way it is. I want the MS LR so much that I'm willing to tolerate having to wait, no matter how long it takes. I've gotten to the point that I only check my EDD once a day, it's too disappointing otherwise. Keep the faith! :cool:

Reactions: Davidrun2B
I want the MS LR so much that I'm willing to tolerate having to wait, no matter how long it takes.
This is exactly how I feel.

Wife and I went and looked at M3P (she hated it) and the Audi RS5 Sportback. We both love the RS5 and they had a few in stock which we were able to test drive. But, we are ready to move to our first EV and rather not experience the 20mpg on the Audi. Coming from a LX 470, I did not enjoy the 12mpg, so I am willing to wait for the MSLR.

To @Davidrun2B's point, their product maybe very good, but the communication is horrendous. By far the worse I have come across so far. It's understandable an estimated delivery of a product to slip 1-2 times. But, anything more than that is purely poor planning and it's doing a disservice to the customers who are willing to hand over a significant sum of money for a product.

This is exactly how I feel.

Wife and I went and looked at M3P (she hated it) and the Audi RS5 Sportback. We both love the RS5 and they had a few in stock which we were able to test drive. But, we are ready to move to our first EV and rather not experience the 20mpg on the Audi. Coming from a LX 470, I did not enjoy the 12mpg, so I am willing to wait for the MSLR.

To @Davidrun2B's point, their product maybe very good, but the communication is horrendous. By far the worse I have come across so far. It's understandable an estimated delivery of a product to slip 1-2 times. But, anything more than that is purely poor planning and it's doing a disservice to the customers who are willing to hand over a significant sum of money for a product.
Yep, the communication back to customers is the point I highlighted as being a company killer for Tesla. How can I recommend Tesla to friends given my recent experience. I would lose those friends. Tesla was a much different company in 2012 when I purchased my first MS. They cared deeply and bent over backwards to address issues with my first MS. I do not expect that level of customer service, but do expect honest and open communication on why endless delays are happening.

It looks like a 14 day time frame at least. Hopefully that's a good sign.
I had an EDD window of 5 days last month, including two 14 day windows preceding that one. They did not honor any of them. I do not trust Tesla EDD's at all, and will only believe when I see a VIN and delivery date attached to it.. Sorry for being such a skeptic, but I am really, really pissed at Tesla customer service right now.

I had an EDD window of 5 days last month, including two 14 day windows preceding that one. They did not honor any of them. I do not trust Tesla EDD's at all, and will only believe when I see a VIN and delivery date attached to it.. Sorry for being such a skeptic, but I am really, really pissed at Tesla customer service right now.
Yeah, unfortunately you are right about that. I was trying to be hopeful, but Tesla is not making it easy.

Reactions: Davidrun2B
@Buggybug Do you have an update on your delivery? I just called the SC and they told me that my car hasn't left California yet. I have no idea why.

The birth date is actually 1/13 - originally scheduled for delivery on 1/21, which was pushed back to 1/31. Strange that it's just sitting there.
Yeah mine is at the Bellevue lot but not processed yet. Was told that there is no earlier delivery slot before my Wednesday’s appointment so I’ll patiently wait.

It’s odd that yours is still in CA. Sorry to hear.

PS there is an MSM Plaid at Bellevue Sq show room. They allow people to sit inside. The seat is less cushy than expected but still better than our 2018 A5. Yoke and screen are smaller than expected. Excited!

Tesla safety score is a joke, you going normal and someone in front of you suddenly make wrong turn, and you hit the brake because taking foot off from accelerator wont stop right away and will hit that car, and your safety score goes down. Same thing someone getting on freeway from ramp and you have truck in front of you and on left lane cars on full speed, you have no other option then slowing down or if its too close brake a lil, again score goes down. Whoever didn’t bought FSD, dont pay xtra . Way your scores go down, will never get FSD beta, even though paid $10K xtra.

• Informative