Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery about 23 hours ago. Their automated system called to confirm the morning on T-1 so I think you’ll get something Sunday morning. Then on delivery day, got a phone call and text message when the delivery driver headed out.

More details
0. Before delivery, I went to Bellevue showroom. SA took my DCU check image and uploaded to the system. With that, payment won’t block delivery.
1. The delivery driver was very professional.
2. Met him at drive way. Did quick inspection primarily on paint, seal, and alignment. Then accepted delivery.
3. Sat in the car and paired phone key. Signed a few documents then transferred ownership. Handed over the DCU check. Car rebooted twice (by design) and showed up on my account.
4. The only 2 things I could pick on QC are A) trunk panel gap on right hand side and B) a little adhesives left on rear side of the car (minor). Scheduled a service appointment to address, as I’m too dumb to fix them by myself haha. They give 24 hours on cosmetic issues so why not.
5. The car is fast. Coming from Boxster 718 and having driven my friend’s C8 and a 90D ~5 years ago, this instant torque still impresses me.
6. The car is gorgeous. Old/current lights but whatever.
7. Adaptive air suspension and seat are good but I might have had a super high expectation. Under certain circumstances (i.e. going through a speed bump), I could feel the diff from the steel suspension on my wife’s A5 sportback. But in general, the ride is compliant without anything “standing out“.
8. 2021.44.30.8 showed up during delivery and proceeded with upgrade after first drive of 2 miles. AP calibrated to 99% by that time.
9. Put on mud flaps before dinner. Also went through the inspection list in full, and all the menus and entertainment logins.
10. Drove out in the evening. Yeah it’s such a nice car! AP is great, screen is great. Audio system (without tweaking EQ) is good. Voice command needs some improvements though. Ambient light is hard to find; I almost thought they are broken. There are also some expected noise (from fan?) when charging. Need to close the doors harder compared to other cars. And there was a loud pump sound right when getting into the car for the evening trip. Hey but that’s the short list I could find. Everything else, is, just, amazing.
11. Will drive more in evening and over weekend!

Overall, it’s a very nice experience! Would prefer not having to inspect a bunch of stuff at this price point but QC easily exceeded my low expectation!
I wish you and everyone a smooth delivery!
Just like you said, I finally got a text and VM to confirm delivery for tomorrow. I called the Tesla SC and they couldn’t tell me which location the car was at other than “it’s in Bellevue”. I want to go take a look at it since I won’t have that luxury when they drop it off at my place.

• Love
Reactions: Buggybug
Just like you said, I finally got a text and VM to confirm delivery for tomorrow. I called the Tesla SC and they couldn’t tell me which location the car was at other than “it’s in Bellevue”. I want to go take a look at it since I won’t have that luxury when they drop it off at my place.
Congrats! Almost there!
I’d guess it’s on this lot, if not at the delivery center itself. See the pin below.

Disclaimer - not encouraging anyone to go there though. I didn’t go there and don’t know their [understandable] security measures.

85B4B867-7C7F-442F-933A-B37C890FFBFE.jpeg

Reactions: Vick sandhu
Congrats! Almost there!
I’d guess it’s on this lot, if not at the delivery center itself. See the pin below.

Disclaimer - not encouraging anyone to go there though. I didn’t go there and don’t know their [understandable] security measures.

View attachment 762273
Strangely, it’s not at either that I could see. I happened to be around that neighborhood and didn’t see an MSLR in my config sitting at that lot or at the SC lot. I wonder where it could be…..

• Informative
Reactions: Buggybug
Wait with Tesla is never over😂, before was waiting for car and now for FSD. Its been over a month and scores 99. Got tired of driving like grandma. But have no choice.
With my type of driving I think I will not qualify for BETA. I'm just going to have to wait for the real thing to come out. I've been thinking about FSD, still on the line about getting it or not. I don't care if it doesn't come out this year for I will have keeping this car for a very long time. My last car lasted me for 17 years. I expect my Model S to be nothing less.

@Buggybug Did you pay before they arrived at your home? I know that there are people who are adamant in not paying before seeing the car, but how does this work for At Home Delivery?
I sent check image to SA and that ensured smooth delivery. I don’t know what would have happened should I provided nothing. During delivery (driveway), I handed check so the delivery person took it back to Tesla.