Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well to my surprise I received a VIN today (NF469) and I was able to get on their calendar for this Saturday for delivery in Portland. One thing I am a bit worried about is that the car is already in Portland. It could be that someone rejected it and I was next in line. I am hoping there aren't any major issues that will make me reject it.
I have your exact same configuration, RN1149, waiting for a Portland delivery. How Tesla assigns VINs continues to absolutely baffle me.

My 2018 MS75D was on lease that expired in May last year. The first time they extended it by a six months, after that they would only extended it one month at a time. The process was so frustrating that I eventually bought out the lease, since I can get more for the car selling it 2nd hand than what the trade in value is.

I had also been holding out getting FSD since my new car had it and my existing one has Enhanced Autopilot. I since added it to my existing car for $1000 + monthly subscription, thinking I would get it soon after. However, I have not been approved for FSD beta despite 99 score. So basically spent extra money on something that is included in my new car, and got nothing in return for it so far.
Yep, your horror story is similar to mine. I sold my MS85D 6+ months ago anticipating getting car. Fifteen EDD changes later with 5 consecutive EDD pushouts after hitting the window, Tesla has Zero credibility for me. I have FSD ordered and anticipate that they will achieve level 4 FSD this year, and look forward to getting that, so that is why I am keeping it.

Reactions: Mark II
I have your exact same configuration, RN1149, waiting for a Portland delivery. How Tesla assigns VINs continues to absolutely baffle me.
I am with you on that. I can't imagine what backwards system they are using to assign VINs. I would have thought if someone rejected this, they would have assigned it to orders before me, like yours. Only explanation is that they are assigning to post price increase orders first.

Yep, your horror story is similar to mine. I sold my MS85D 6+ months ago anticipating getting car. Fifteen EDD changes later with 5 consecutive EDD pushouts after hitting the window, Tesla has Zero credibility for me. I have FSD ordered and anticipate that they will achieve level 4 FSD this year, and look forward to getting that, so that is why I am keeping it.
They recalled FSD for 52k cars, thats what i read. Hoping they will release again soon after fixing it.

I totally hear you. I am holding now to talk to Tesla SA. I am beyond feed up with Tesla EDD/VIN assignment bullshit!
I sent a letter today to Elon Musk to highlight my recent experience with pushed EDD’s and the complete lack of communication back on delayed LR order. i am not. sure it will make any difference, but I am a very upset and discouraged customer. The SA suggested I inform EM about this.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

New to the forum here. Ordered my Tesla a while back but didn’t do the financing portion till Nov (wasn’t to sure if I still wanted to buy one) EDD shows March 31-April 28. RN00151 order.

Hopefully get it soon. Had a question bout financing. Im using Tesla’s preferred vendor (at first it was Wells Fargo and now Us Bank) but the best they said they could offer was 2.49 for 72 months. I don’t mind shorter terms if I can better rates. Anyone else get better rates with different lenders?

I accepted delivery on Jan 31 after waiting over 8 months for the car. I’ll provide more details with pics soon but here are my general thoughts:

1. I love the car, the features, and the performance. There’s none like it that I’ve ever driven but that doesn’t say much because I haven’t driven that many cars overall.
2. There are definitely minor quality issues that bother me a bit, specifically with the panel alignment. While there’s no ridiculous panel gap issues, most of the panel gaps don’t quite match the opposite side of the car.
3. There are places where Tesla QA is obviously making an attempt to mask some obvious issues by using bigger rubber pieces to offset an alignment issue. For example, if you look under the hood, you can see that one side has a larger rubber piece than the other to offset the alignment problem. Unfortunately, even with that workaround, there are still uneven areas.
4. While #2 and #3 bother me a bit, it’s not as bad as the finish that they seem to have missed on the underside of my rear quarter panel right above the right tail light.

I put all these (and more) into the service app within 24 hours, so hopefully they will fix them. Sadly, the earliest appointment they had was 2/24….

Attachments

• 8F7CD8A1-18FA-4B51-9EC7-3A7B6E4E75D4.jpeg
    8F7CD8A1-18FA-4B51-9EC7-3A7B6E4E75D4.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 0A7A9C56-2040-45D6-9EE7-64BF76E7009C.jpeg
    0A7A9C56-2040-45D6-9EE7-64BF76E7009C.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 32F26C53-1492-430D-87E3-F570E3E38195.jpeg
    32F26C53-1492-430D-87E3-F570E3E38195.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 994C3710-6BBE-4BEB-BD32-32142D38E335.jpeg
    994C3710-6BBE-4BEB-BD32-32142D38E335.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 4DD01D45-277B-4103-B55F-E9FE17349A28.jpeg
    4DD01D45-277B-4103-B55F-E9FE17349A28.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 7B051108-CC89-4E7C-AF21-DB6D5E2E652E.jpeg
    7B051108-CC89-4E7C-AF21-DB6D5E2E652E.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 36
Hey guys,

New to the forum here. Ordered my Tesla a while back but didn’t do the financing portion till Nov (wasn’t to sure if I still wanted to buy one) EDD shows March 31-April 28. RN00151 order.

Hopefully get it soon. Had a question bout financing. Im using Tesla’s preferred vendor (at first it was Wells Fargo and now Us Bank) but the best they said they could offer was 2.49 for 72 months. I don’t mind shorter terms if I can better rates. Anyone else get better rates with different lenders?
I have 2.49 with Tesla, but I heard DCU has the best rates, 1.5 end of last year, not sure how is it now.

I accepted delivery on Jan 31 after waiting over 8 months for the car. I’ll provide more details with pics soon but here are my general thoughts:

1. I love the car, the features, and the performance. There’s none like it that I’ve ever driven but that doesn’t say much because I haven’t driven that many cars overall.
2. There are definitely minor quality issues that bother me a bit, specifically with the panel alignment. While there’s no ridiculous panel gap issues, most of the panel gaps don’t quite match the opposite side of the car.
3. There are places where Tesla QA is obviously making an attempt to mask some obvious issues by using bigger rubber pieces to offset an alignment issue. For example, if you look under the hood, you can see that one side has a larger rubber piece than the other to offset the alignment problem. Unfortunately, even with that workaround, there are still uneven areas.
4. While #2 and #3 bother me a bit, it’s not as bad as the finish that they seem to have missed on the underside of my rear quarter panel right above the right tail light.

I put all these (and more) into the service app within 24 hours, so hopefully they will fix them. Sadly, the earliest appointment they had was 2/24….
Very happy to see you get your LR, and hope Tesla SC fix all your issues. Sorry that after your long wait you have other issues to deal with.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
giving me too much hope golonoro. I ordered mine 8/4 and our only config differences are I have 21” and no FSD. I was also hoping to pick mine up in the Seattle area, did you have to ask to pick it up and which location are you going to?
I didn't ask, but right after the VIN showed up I got a text message with a link that took me to a website where I could pick a delivery appointment at the Renton SC. I was not given a choice between home delivery or picking up at the SC.

A neighbor just took delivery of a MYP via home delivery from the same SC. My hunch is they do home delivery when they have someone available to drive the car to your home. @waitingformys is getting home delivery on the same day.

Here' hoping for a VIN for you very soon! I'm very excited to finally have a car!