Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Vin yesterday NF474. I assume thats the new lights and tail light?

MSLR Blue exterior/black interior 19" wheels, no FSD and ordered 5/12 on financing and kept it on financing didn't change to cash as others advised.
Should be, I have the same config (+FSD) with NF474 and it came with the new lights.

I am leasing mine, never changed to cash either. I think it was just a case of waiting until they built our config.

Has anyone who received their car recently got an update to the main builds? I read elsewhere we could be stuck for weeks on factory build until they merge all the recalls into the mainline builds. I.e. we can't regress on recalls. My factory build is 2021.43.202.

I also can't see the safety score and wondering if it is related to the factory builds not been compatible with newer version of the app?

Has anyone who received their car recently got an update to the main builds? I read elsewhere we could be stuck for weeks on factory build until they merge all the recalls into the mainline builds. I.e. we can't regress on recalls. My factory build is 2021.43.202.

I also can't see the safety score and wondering if it is related to the factory builds not been compatible with newer version of the app?
It took about 5 weeks for the first update to come through for me. But, they did update to the latest build 2022.8.2.

Reactions: Mark II
Got my MSLR back from tinting and paint protection on Thursday. Here are a few pics of my new baby. Sorry about the poor lighting, will post some better pics when we have better lighting.

Attachments

• 5CAF43AF-F921-4067-9559-54054BAD9B2C.jpeg
    5CAF43AF-F921-4067-9559-54054BAD9B2C.jpeg
    917.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 8AF54894-A548-454A-A6E6-6BD6250CF9F6.jpeg
    8AF54894-A548-454A-A6E6-6BD6250CF9F6.jpeg
    921.6 KB · Views: 31
  • A6F99A9A-3EB1-4979-AD56-432E16361698.jpeg
    A6F99A9A-3EB1-4979-AD56-432E16361698.jpeg
    970 KB · Views: 38

Yep, my MSLR is same as yours with 2021 software build. Would like to get the 2022 update.

Reactions: Davidrun2B
BTW, I did not get tag frames for my MSLR. Did any of you who have taken delivery have them in your cars?
I though I had both, then double checked. I only got one frame? I have a service scheduled for Tuesday with a list of complaints, mostly minor. I will need to add that to the list.

For those interested, here is my list of issues:
1 - The lower trunk covers are missing, both large and small, as noted by delivery person.
2 - The wiper blades make a loud knocking sound when they return to their resting place.
3 - The frunk gap on the left side is higher than the right. It looks odd, yet delivery person says it is in spec?
4 - I am unable to record dashcam footage while driving, not even the honk option works.
5 - I occasional get an error that says the dashcam drive is not large enough. It is the default 128GB drive that came with the car.
6 - I can't see my safety score in the app even though I enabled the opt in for FSD?
7 - My car is stuck on an old build and not receiving any new updates.
8 - The service section of the app tells me to install a software update, however my car says it is up to date.

9 - Missing front license plate cover <= Need to add this

There were two other issues I fixed myself, not noted in the service request:
1 - One of the door seal clips was not pushed in all the way, was able to push it.
2 - The wiper fluid pipe for the right wiper was not attached, as a result wiper fluid was spraying all under the hood instead of the window. Was able to attach the pipe, then noticed the other one was not attached properly either and was likely to come lose. Fixed.

I though I had both, then double checked. I only got one frame? I have a service scheduled for Tuesday with a list of complaints, mostly minor. I will need to add that to the list.

For those interested, here is my list of issues:
1 - The lower trunk covers are missing, both large and small, as noted by delivery person.
2 - The wiper blades make a loud knocking sound when they return to their resting place.
3 - The frunk gap on the left side is higher than the right. It looks odd, yet delivery person says it is in spec?
4 - I am unable to record dashcam footage while driving, not even the honk option works.
5 - I occasional get an error that says the dashcam drive is not large enough. It is the default 128GB drive that came with the car.
6 - I can't see my safety score in the app even though I enabled the opt in for FSD?
7 - My car is stuck on an old build and not receiving any new updates.
8 - The service section of the app tells me to install a software update, however my car says it is up to date.

9 - Missing front license plate cover <= Need to add this

There were two other issues I fixed myself, not noted in the service request:
1 - One of the door seal clips was not pushed in all the way, was able to push it.
2 - The wiper fluid pipe for the right wiper was not attached, as a result wiper fluid was spraying all under the hood instead of the window. Was able to attach the pipe, then noticed the other one was not attached properly either and was likely to come lose. Fixed.
Thanks for providing your list, many of which are the same as mine, especially 1, 5, 7, 8. Not sure about the dashcam one, which I will check today, and I haven't activated FSD beta yet, but intend to in coming weeks. My other issues are paint related on right front hood (3 places) and right front wheel well edge, where they tried to touch up the paint, but botched it. I also have front driver and passenger doors not closing properly without a firm slam. The paint issue bothers me, and should have been caught and fixed at factory. Since I removed front license tag bracket and will pursue other options., I only need the license bracket for the rear plates. Let us know what they tell you regarding your list, as I am not scheduled to take my car in to address my issues until 4 April.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark II
Thanks for providing your list, many of which are the same as mine, especially 1, 5, 7, 8. Not sure about the dashcam one, which I will check today, and I haven't activated FSD beta yet, but intend to in coming weeks. My other issues are paint related on right front hood (3 places) and right front wheel well edge, where they tried to touch up the paint, but botched it. I also have front driver and passenger doors not closing properly without a firm slam. The paint issue bothers me, and should have been caught and fixed at factory. Since I removed front license tag bracket and will pursue other options., I only need the license bracket for the rear plates. Let us know what they tell you regarding your list, as I am not scheduled to take my car in to address my issues until 4 April.
Unfortunately they changed my appoint from Mobile to SC and pushed it out to 4/20. They have messaged me and said items 4,5,7, and 8 should all be resolved in next few weeks when mainline gets merged to my vehicle, which is done in batches based on VIN.

My
Unfortunately they changed my appoint from Mobile to SC and pushed it out to 4/20. They have messaged me and said items 4,5,7, and 8 should all be resolved in next few weeks when mainline gets merged to my vehicle, which is done in batches based on VIN.
My 4/4 Appointment is with Lynwood SC. Thanks for the feedback on items you noted with OTA updates Wonder why it is taking Tesla so long to update our cars?

My

My 4/4 Appointment is with Lynwood SC. Thanks for the feedback on items you noted with OTA updates Wonder why it is taking Tesla so long to update our cars?
I have come across a few different reasons, the truth is probably some combination:
- They like to keep newly delivered cars on an factory build for a few weeks so that when customers find issues they have a common baseline to troubleshoot against, versus dealing with potential regressions in a mainline build.
- Due to chip shortages they keep substituting new chips into new cars, and then need to code support for them into factory builds. That new code then needs to be integrated into the mainline build before a new car can be updated to mainline.
- Model S new headlights, charge port, etc. need different code, which is why S & X are on 2021.43.xx factory build versus 3 & Y are on 2022.3.xxx, and those new code changes need to integrate into mainline as well.

Reactions: Davidrun2B