Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading out of my Edmonds neighborhood near Lake Ballenger today in my MSLR and saw my first Rivian R1T driving down the street. I love my new
vehicle and am becoming very impressed with its efficiency compared with my previous two MS’s, averaging 282 w/mile since delivery, driving conservatively in chill mode. I intend to check out insane mode when I get a little more comfortable with the car. This car is a total winner IMHO.

Last edited:
Got VIN assigned on the weekend and picked up the car today at Lynnwood SC. Loving it so far.

It's missing trunk covers and minor misalignment in the frunk on the right side. Overall it's great. Gonna get PPF and window tinting.

662F16C1-6367-4050-9A1C-3257E5541761.JPG
3B51412D-C8D0-4DA5-A7EB-7979A92C65C4.JPG
EDCD9C44-33F5-4BAD-BC45-768B1C003DFB.JPG

Has anybody been able to go to the 6th Ave Service Center to look at their car early before delivery? Curious if they keep it at the main building or in the gated holding lot a couple blocks away
I work nearby and yes. They do keep vehicles outside on the street by their building and inside the building. They also have an overflow lot at the corner of 4 Av S and S Spokane St.

Hi guys I'm picking up my MSLR today and was getting quotes from local electricans, I only want to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet and one company told me i can't, saying:
14-50 is a no, to adhere to NEC code it would require a 50 amp or 60 amp 2 pole Ground fault circuit interrupter (G.F.C.I.)

The chargers have them installed already, that would create a conflict and have nuisance tip.
Do any of you have the same issues?

Thanks

Hi guys I'm picking up my MSLR today and was getting quotes from local electricans, I only want to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet and one company told me i can't, saying:
14-50 is a no, to adhere to NEC code it would require a 50 amp or 60 amp 2 pole Ground fault circuit interrupter (G.F.C.I.)

The chargers have them installed already, that would create a conflict and have nuisance tip.

Thanks
Best way is to do it yourself if you think you're ready. I built an outlet 240V in my garage and it costed me 120$. Well worth it.

Thanks
I had a NEMA 14-50 installed 4 years ago for my first Tesla, at the time it did not require a GFCI breaker. I then had the same person install my second one, which now requires a GFCI breaker due to electrical code changes during the last few years. When he installed the new outlet he also retro fitted the old breaker with a GFCI breaker. Total cost for one new outlet, 2 GFCI breakers and Redmond Permit was $966. Note, he installed the second breaker right next to my electrical panel, which is cheaper than the pervious install which was opposite wall.

Overall I was happy with his work, as was the inspector.

If you interested his contact is www.MyAltElectric.com

I had a NEMA 14-50 installed 4 years ago for my first Tesla, at the time it did not require a GFCI breaker. I then had the same person install my second one, which now requires a GFCI breaker due to electrical code changes during the last few years. When he installed the new outlet he also retro fitted the old breaker with a GFCI breaker. Total cost for one new outlet, 2 GFCI breakers and Redmond Permit was $966. Note, he installed the second breaker right next to my electrical panel, which is cheaper than the pervious install which was opposite wall.

Thanks I just messaged him for a quote.

That's 4 years ago . If you can find a licensed electrician for that price. Otherwise, you gotta spend a few days study and do it yourself. Took me 2 hours to do it. Good luck my friend

That's 4 years ago . If you can find a licensed electrician for that price. Otherwise, you gotta spend a few days study and do it yourself. Took me 2 hours to do it. Good luck my friend
4 years ago was the first one, installed opposite wall, total cost $800, including permit.
January this year was the one near the panel, total cost $966, including permit and 2 GFCI breakers.

Generally I do most my own home maintenance, including electrical work, except when it comes to wiring in the panel. Mainly because it can't be turned off from the outside. For the price I am willing to let someone else take the risk :)

Do you guys have any recommendations for local ppf/window tinting shops? I am considering full front ppf but not sure how much is too much (cost and looks). Thanks
I have had three cars ppf’d with ceramic tinting of windows. I ppf’d front, sides and mirrors. Cost was $2500 give or take and they did great job. Midnight Tinting in Shoreline. Two MS’s including my MSLR and my wife’s M3. Pictures of recent effort for my MSLR are posted above (Saturday: 12:43pm)