Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just picked up my car yesterday at Lynnwood Tesla, It was raining pretty bad during that time and didn't really have a chance to do a full walk through. I drove it home and loved it. It wasn't raining up where i live. Thats where i notice a scratch on the rear driver side panel (i'll take a picture when i get home) I made an appointment for it, but wondering how will they fix it? I also notice some scuffs around the back seat and a scratch on the top right part of the yolk. I'll take all pictures later today. My car was missing the trunk floor cover, but had the shelves. They said they made a service appointment for that already and i looked at the invoice and it shows the trunk cover and the shelves. So i'll wait for that service appointment to see what they bring me. I'll do a full walk through with pictures later tonight. Thanks in advance for any input.

Hey guys, just picked up my car yesterday at Lynnwood Tesla, It was raining pretty bad during that time and didn't really have a chance to do a full walk through. I drove it home and loved it. It wasn't raining up where i live. Thats where i notice a scratch on the rear driver side panel (i'll take a picture when i get home) I made an appointment for it, but wondering how will they fix it? I also notice some scuffs around the back seat and a scratch on the top right part of the yolk. I'll take all pictures later today. My car was missing the trunk floor cover, but had the shelves. They said they made a service appointment for that already and i looked at the invoice and it shows the trunk cover and the shelves. So i'll wait for that service appointment to see what they bring me. I'll do a full walk through with pictures later tonight. Thanks in advance for any input.
Congratulations, I too had paint issues with my car. I have service appointment next Monday to get things fixed at Lynnwood SC. Will provide feedback on everything.

Reactions: MLTSEA206
Made an appointment for these issues. Let’s see how Tesla fixes it for me

Attachments

• 7D77BAF2-7159-4216-AA3D-90A318C598D7.jpeg
    7D77BAF2-7159-4216-AA3D-90A318C598D7.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 63E35753-E06A-40A5-B74C-0F341325693F.jpeg
    63E35753-E06A-40A5-B74C-0F341325693F.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 42
  • B1DD796C-6A13-46EC-B777-98B165CE2CBD.jpeg
    B1DD796C-6A13-46EC-B777-98B165CE2CBD.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 46390EDD-7704-4BA0-927F-EE9B233D703B.jpeg
    46390EDD-7704-4BA0-927F-EE9B233D703B.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 21335A9F-1E00-4637-ADCE-16E3AF165506.jpeg
    21335A9F-1E00-4637-ADCE-16E3AF165506.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 3F10FD21-6EE7-49A4-B267-7FC2FAEB8B20.jpeg
    3F10FD21-6EE7-49A4-B267-7FC2FAEB8B20.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 42
  • E782677D-8A9A-458E-9A1C-9C2FBF62358C.jpeg
    E782677D-8A9A-458E-9A1C-9C2FBF62358C.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 41
  • F5311213-CEEB-4368-8331-69176215F448.jpeg
    F5311213-CEEB-4368-8331-69176215F448.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 42
For people around seattle. I called SA today and she told me there's a red Tesla new that I can take delivery (have some add on accessories) . I told her no. If anyone don't mind driving red Tesla S LR. Call them asap
Lol. I considered myself brave going from Midnight Silver to Dark Blue Metallic, red would be too much of a leap for me. Perhaps Crimson for my next Tesla in about 3~4 years, about the right time for the paint shop in the US to be updated.

I have interesting conundrum with my new MSLR sitting in my garage next to my wife’s M3. The Tesla app gives my neighbors address instead of mine for the MSLR but gives the correct address for the M3 in the app. Never had this issue with my previous MS, and am unsure how to fix it. I tried rebooting, but that did nothing. Any thoughts on how I might fix this would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have interesting conundrum with my new MSLR sitting in my garage next to my wife’s M3. The Tesla app gives my neighbors address instead of mine for the MSLR but gives the correct address for the M3 in the app. Never had this issue with my previous MS, and am unsure how to fix it. Any thoughts on how I might fix this would be much appreciated.
Reboot everything? Delete and reinstall the app?

Reactions: Davidrun2B
Unfortunately that did not fix the issue. I have my car in for servicing today and have notified Tesla of the problem. Summons is not working, which appears to be related to the location error issue, as the car is not sure where it is and will not activate summons to move my car out of my garage.
Is your car closer to your neighbor? Could be the boundary for the address in the map data used by Tesla runs through the middle of your garage. So it may be a map issue? Also GPS is not 100% accurate by design.

Unfortunately that did not fix the issue. I have my car in for servicing today and have notified Tesla of the problem. Summons is not working, which appears to be related to the location error issue, as the car is not sure where it is and will not activate summons to move my car out of my garage.
Here are a couple of pics highlighting the problem. The car location relative to circle highlighting our home (garage) where the car was residing. Tesla service scratched their head when I showed them the pics and are going to have to keep the car overnight while they work on a solution.

Attachments

• location-error-1.jpg
    location-error-1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 36
  • location-error-2.jpg
    location-error-2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
Here are several pics that highlight the problem relative to where my car is relative to our home.

Here are a couple of pics highlighting the problem. The car location relative to circle highlighting our home (garage) where the car was residing. Tesla service scratched their head when I showed them the pics and are going to have to keep the car overnight while they work on a solution.
Curious, if you swap the location of the two cars is your car still incorrect and the other car correct? GPS works using the time for signal to reach your car. It is possible you have a reflection in your garage that is mistaken as a direct signal. Also can make a difference if you park one car forward and the other backward with respect to GPS reflections. E.g. if your garage door is metal or metallic insulation in the walls or ceilings.

Is your car closer to your neighbor? Could be the boundary for the address in the map data used by Tesla runs through the middle of your garage. So it may be a map issue? Also GPS is not 100% accurate by design.
To answer your question, yes my MSLR is closer to my neighbor, but this was never an issue previously. This is our 4th Tesla, third MS. Definetly centered on my new MSLR. Hopefully Tesla service will figure it out and fix it. I used Summons to move my previous MS’s out and in my tight garage and I need to have Summons working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark II
To answer your question, yes my MSLR is closer to my neighbor, but this was never an issue previously. This is our 4th Tesla, third MS. Definetly centered on my new MSLR. Hopefully Tesla service will figure it out and fix it. I use Summons to move my previous MS’s out and in my tight garage and I need to have Summons working.
Looks like this may be a broader issue with the new MS, see here:

Mine seems to be OK, but now I am going to compare with the older MS to see how far off it is. GPS has some inherit errors built in, however the two cars should show the same degree of error at a given time.