Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random question for you all while we’re waiting. Front license plates. I’ve noticed about half the Teslas I see have them and half don’t. I know the law on it, so I don’t need any links to that. I’m curious if anyone has obtained an official waiver or if you just go without it and have never had any issue.

Random question for you all while we’re waiting. Front license plates. I’ve noticed about half the Teslas I see have them and half don’t. I know the law on it, so I don’t need any links to that. I’m curious if anyone has obtained an official waiver or if you just go without it and have never had any issue.

It’s almost impossible to get a waiver for no front plate. You have to demonstrate that the car is not suitable for a front plate. That it blocks air flow, becomes a safety hazard, etc. I’m Washington state I also think that if they have any demonstrations of your make and model having a front plate, they basically dismiss your claim and say that it’s possible and you must have one...

Many here have 3rd party mounts that are easy and quick to remove during cleaning or pictures/shows. I ran the Snap Plate on my Model 3 and will on my Y as soon as I get it. Removes in about 20 seconds and never lets the plate touch the paint.

Reactions: OMGPanelGaps

No waiver. Many will overlook it (tho not all). But if you get stopped for being stupid, it's one more thing to add to the citation. I drove my Jeep around for several years without a front plate. Only got cited if I was speeding or some other dumb thing. Usually got left alone.

Reactions: OMGPanelGaps
So I now have my MY :)
No paint issues.
A few minor panel gaps, nothing I cannot live with.
Back seats secure and work fine, passenger side slightly higher.
A little water noticed where the trunk seals.

Overall I am satisfied. The glitch did not affect deliver since it was already with a carrier. The app doesn’t show the car, my order page still shows to prepare for delivery, and the screen still has notifications it won’t get rid of.

Updated software no problem - 20 minutes. Received car at 86% charge.

Spent the afternoon installing all my goodies.
AO tempered glass screen protector cracked while installing. Contacted them.

Only issue now is the temp tags weren’t with it and Bellevue will email once system up and working again.

The blue looks really nice and the wheels without the aero covers look great too! You’re in the Spokane/eastern WA area, right? Did you have to pay the 10.3% Bellevue sales tax, or were you able to get the lower eastern rate?

Did they call you, text you or post it to your account?

I called the store to see if there were any updates, he said it was being made today, had a vin and that we could schedule delivery. He did say the delivery could shift if anything gets delayed along the way, but it should be good.

I had no vin or anything before I called, when he set up the appointment it all showed up.

Pouring rain this morning but it eased up when our MY arrived via Home Delivery. It was in great shape and the only issue I saw after drying it off with some towels was a few scuffs on the black trim below the hatch. Don't know if we'll report it because.....I'm pretty sure we'll add a few of our own removing the tow cover or loading the bicycle rack. We will do a more thorough inspection this weekend (within our 72 hours), but I think we got a good one.

Called and spoke to Henry (he’s AMAZING and is super detail oriented). Said car is still in production in Fremont, however I could have the last appt @ 5:00 in Renton this Sunday 9/27. It’s my 40th and also my husbands birthday—a present I won’t ever forget!! Also opting to add the limited time enhanced auto pilot—apparently the $4k special ends on the 30th.

Called and spoke to Henry (he’s AMAZING and is super detail oriented). Said car is still in production in Fremont, however I could have the last appt @ 5:00 in Renton this Sunday 9/27. It’s my 40th and also my husbands birthday—a present I won’t ever forget!! Also opting to add the limited time enhanced auto pilot—apparently the $4k special ends on the 30th.

I assume Henry wasn't able to apply the $4k EAP to your order and instead is just trying to ensure you get delivery before the in-app offer to upgrade expires, right?

I spoke with a sales guy down in Portland (Where my Model Y will be coming in, even though I'm in WA) and he mentioned the EAP could ONLY be added via the app once delivery took place and there was no way he could add it to the order...

I assume Henry wasn't able to apply the $4k EAP to your order and instead is just trying to ensure you get delivery before the in-app offer to upgrade expires, right?

I spoke with a sales guy down in Portland (Where my Model Y will be coming in, even though I'm in WA) and he mentioned the EAP could ONLY be added via the app once delivery took place and there was no way he could add it to the order...
I was told the same thing, it cannot be added to the load. If I was not paying $5k for a wrap the day after it arrives I would hop on it haha!

I was told the same thing, it cannot be added to the load. If I was not paying $5k for a wrap the day after it arrives I would hop on it haha!

I'm getting ~$7200 for full paint correction, paint protection film, ceramic coating, and window tints but I have the credit card ready to buy EAP as soon as I take delivery and have it in the app. I shouldn't add $4k more to my outlay of money right now, but there is no way I'm paying $8k for FSD and navigate on autopilot is 90% of what I want, so I don't want to miss this deal....

(I'm not sure I would trust stop light/stop sign on city streets and navigating on city streets right now anyway. Adding in pedestrians and tighter traffic isn't something I feel comfortable with right now, however, on the freeway AP seems to be about 90% so adding lane change to that mix shouldn't be a huge change in confidence...)

I'm getting ~$7200 for full paint correction, paint protection film, ceramic coating, and window tints but I have the credit card ready to buy EAP as soon as I take delivery and have it in the app. I shouldn't add $4k more to my outlay of money right now, but there is no way I'm paying $8k for FSD and navigate on autopilot is 90% of what I want, so I don't want to miss this deal....

(I'm not sure I would trust stop light/stop sign on city streets and navigating on city streets right now anyway. Adding in pedestrians and tighter traffic isn't something I feel comfortable with right now, however, on the freeway AP seems to be about 90% so adding lane change to that mix shouldn't be a huge change in confidence...)

We have FSD on our 2020 model 3 and there is no way in hell I would pay $8k for it. I am honestly not sure if $4k would even be worth it. I hate NOA so much, it drives me nuts. That being said, maybe some day it will be worth it.